Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 24/06/2020 at 22:08, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not only has he been our best player, he has arguably been (apart from the Chelsea game, maybe) the best midfielder in the pitch in every game since the restart. Absolute boss. Will be hard to keep him, especially if we go down... Do man City have a buy-back clause on him? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Loved him taking on Adama.

After the goal where he went in and was probably shocked at Adama's strength he absolutely gave no quarter in his battle. In fact he showed leadership and saw his teammates were scared and took the responsibility of engaging. #Leader.

• Like 2

I knew he'd eventually come good as the deepest lying midfielder, but his shielding of the back 4 and overall positioning have taken my by surprise. He is a proper DM. What a player. The only signing that so far lived up to expectations.

5 hours ago, WooJung said:

Not only has he been our best player, he has arguably been (apart from the Chelsea game, maybe) the best midfielder in the pitch in every game since the restart. Absolute boss. Will be hard to keep him, especially if we go down... Do man City have a buy-back clause on him? 

Yes. We will make a profit on him though. 

23 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes. We will make a profit on him though. 

Eh, we made a profit on Milner, young and benteke, but we were hardly better off for merely making a profit on them 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I knew he'd eventually come good as the deepest lying midfielder, but his shielding of the back 4 and overall positioning have taken my by surprise. He is a proper DM. What a player. The only signing that so far lived up to expectations.

Well, Heaton also lived up to the expectations, as did targett, we got more or less what we expected. 

Guilbert possibly exceeded them I was expecting nothing from him but he has been very good at times (admittedly he's also had some very poor games as well, but so did every other player or we wouldn't be 19th)

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Dean isn't a coach who will stand in the way if a player wants to move.

I don’t think you should stop any player from moving if they don’t want to be at the club. But you should expect the right money for him.  Considering what we paid, his age and his potential we should be looking at 25-30 million at least. No club is going to pay that yet imo.

I had not been impressed by him before the shutdown but since his return the guy has proved me wrong and has looked phenomenal.

If he helps us beat the drop with these displays then he will work out to be the best signing of the season we made.

We need to keep him whatever it takes.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think you should stop any player from moving if they don’t want to be at the club. But you should expect the right money for him.  Considering what we paid, his age and his potential we should be looking at 25-30 million at least. No club is going to pay that yet imo.

Don't Man City have a buy back clause?

Blokes had 3 good games, playing as a DM when we were camped in our half with 10 men behind the ball. We didnt even win those games.

I've also enjoyed the performances but baffled why this suddenly means he has a queue of clubs waiting to buy him.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Typical Villa.

Will be another case of "What could have been" with him.

Can't see him staying with us in the Championship but who knows?

We dont need to sell if mcginn grealish and mings goes. Id build our team around Luiz.  Keep wesley as they are good friends and may help him want to stick around. 

First signing i would make in championship is joe lolley. We need someone like that here.

• Like 1

Â