Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not so sure, it seems to me that he would still rely on being one of the buying club's most expensive signings and highest wages as he has still not played in the Champions League or for Brazil.  I may be wrong.

He has a Brazil cap from November 2019. 

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Lol, I don’t imagine there’s many players that wouldn’t want to join ManCity, especially when currently at a relegation placed team. Pep didn’t want him to leave, hence the buy-back option. 

Not if they are going to sell him on. He could probably get a bigger signing bonus if he just joined whoever would have signed him from City. 

16 hours ago, Villarocker said:

When Grealish goes, is it possible that Dougie could be moved further forward into that kind of position and Marvellous be brought back in as DM? Especially if we are in the Championship. 

Nope. Nakamba is muck. He's as weak as a june robin and needs acres of space on the ball to be able to pass it accurately. A poor signing. Pay peanuts etc etc

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Nope. Nakamba is muck. He's as weak as a june robin and needs acres of space on the ball to be able to pass it accurately. A poor signing. Pay peanuts etc etc

I think Nakamba, like most of the others, has shown enough to suggest that he can still make it. I genuinely believe that all of our players will be much better next season. The obvious exceptions are Trez and Jota 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think Nakamba, like most of the others, has shown enough to suggest that he can still make it. I genuinely believe that all of our players will be much better next season. The obvious exceptions are Trez and Jota 

I've got little faith in nakamaba getting better. 

I think luiz is going to be a hell of a player in a few years. I hope we get to keep him for awhile. 

• Like 1

With all the shit seeping out of the lions carcass there happens to be a glint in it's eye and it's genuinely pleasing to watch Douglas clean up in defence and ping the ball around so crisply. He looks a level above every single one of our players since the restart, Jack included. He's learned the language, looks fitter than ever and has come back with a bite. He'll be a great player wherever he ends up and it's always grand to see someone start to fulfill their potential in Villa colours.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It looks unlikely we will be able to hold onto him in the Championship unfortunately. At least we will get a good price.

If we get relegated I imagine Man City have a cheaper buy back price, which I think they will take. If they get banned from Europe they will take him regardless IMO, Pep always rated him.

Most improved player. Thats down to stopping all the silly flicks and blind passing and concentrating and being given a more simple role which is protect the back 4 and distribution to more forward players. 

Shame the rest of the midfield have got confused by him playing well and they are all playing substandard.

Others need specific roles as trying to play everywhere and do everything doesnt work.

Â