Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Never thought I'd have this opinion until the restart, but out of him, Jack, Mcginn, he's the one I'd be most disappointed with losing if/when relegation. Love Jack and all he's done, but it feels resigned that he is off no matter what. 

Sad to see Luiz say this because he will not taste success or make history with us unless we get back to the premier within a couple of years, hopefully he sticks around:

I have a four-year contract with Aston Villa, and my objective is to continue here, and to make history with the club that opened the door for me.

Will be sad to see him go, but will go with my full respect. He has turned up after the restart, when many others haven't

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Will be sad to see him go, but will go with my full respect. He has turned up after the restart, when many others haven't

I think he goes back to City. Would love to see how he gets on sitting in that midfield.

He did looked frustrated tonight but he is a player indeed.

Pity one or two others had not have kept themselves focused during lockdown instead of partying too much, maybe we would have a few more points to our name?

3 minutes ago, Pembers said:

Must've been very frustrating for him tonight. There was one point where he threw his arms in anger because he skipped past a united player and burst forward to launch a counter just to look up and see no options or urgency from his teammates. He's been on a different level to the others after the break.

Yeah, I saw that. McGinn I think was the closest player and Doug was looking for him to make a run, but he was a good 5 yards behind where he should've been because he just gave up on, you know, running.

3 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Yeah, I saw that. McGinn I think was the closest player and Doug was looking for him to make a run, but he was a good 5 yards behind where he should've been because he just gave up on, you know, running.

McGinn is lacking confidence massively. Really feeling the pressure.

54 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think he goes back to City. Would love to see how he gets on sitting in that midfield.

Amazingly the team that I think that could need him most is this Manure team. Matic is getting on abit and Douglas Luiz is the perfect player to replace him. Imagine they change their mind on Grealish and go for Luiz instead.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Amazingly the team that I think that could need him most is this Manure team. Matic is getting on abit and Douglas Luiz is the perfect player to replace him. Imagine they change their mind on Grealish and go for Luiz instead.

Spurs too. He's the player Winks dreams he is when he goes to sleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Going to be a proper player. Shame we’ve f’ed it this season to not have him here next season. Don’t read too much in his quotes, lost in translation and all that. He’ll be off and it’ll be a move he deserves. 

Don't think the likes of Man Utd and Tottenham will be interested in him after six decent games, those kind of clubs can get much better, especially Man Utd. Have no idea if it's likely to happen but if Neves was to leave Wolves, I wouldn't be surprised to see them consider Luiz as a replacment, both have similar qualities.

Need to build the team around him next season if we are able to keep hold of him, but can see this being another gueye and vertout situation they move on to be the class players they are 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Really hope he stays with us and doesn't become another Gana/Veretout/Adama "what if?" player. Can we have something for once, ffs.

I'd get ready for him to be leaving, I imagine his buy back to Man City is cheap if we get relegated and with them potentially facing a European ban he might fancy his chances at getting game time and establishing himself. Pep loves him and the work permit shouldn't be an issue now.

Such a good player, comfortable on the ball, strong, mobile, can shoot from distance and still only 22 year old. He's on another wave length to what the rest of our team are on.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

I'd get ready for him to be leaving, I imagine his buy back to Man City is cheap if we get relegated and with them potentially facing a European ban he might fancy his chances at getting game time and establishing himself. Pep loves him and the work permit shouldn't be an issue now.

Such a good player, comfortable on the ball, strong, mobile, can shoot from distance and still only 22 year old. He's on another wave length to what the rest of our team are on.

You forgot his vision, leadership. Gary Neville mentioned it in commentary but stuttered when he said it because he was thinking of him in a red devils shirt and probably didn't want other teams to notice.

Â