Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 09/03/2020 at 23:44, AndyM3000 said:

Same can be said for Veretout, Gana, Amavi, Ayew and they have done okay since leaving despite being apart of the worst season in our history. It's a team game, if we get trashed 4-0 none of them are going to look good. 

Emphasis being ok. I keep hearing how well these players have - veretout I believe has been loaned out by his parents club.....as for the others ...... international caps ???

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think he's a good player. He's still so young. Got a big future ahead of him. Won't be with us though. 

Think he would be very good in a better team.

Thing is hes going nowhere at the loss we have to take on him. Hes playing like he doesn't want to be at the club, seen it before with player's who have far more than they show on match day, Veretout for one recently admitted he wanted out and didn't put the required work in at villa.

This is the issue with players who are not used to a British way of life and dont have the support network of family and friends around them, the urge to quit and move on is very strong and the quickest and easiest way out is to fail .

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I think he's a good player. He's still so young. Got a big future ahead of him. Won't be with us though. 

Think he would be very good in a better team.

I used to think this. 

Now I struggle. What does he do well? Poor on the ball, weak in defence, doesn't read the game well. 

he gets the ball, loses it within seconds or passes it straight to the opposition.

he's shown he has talent and ability in a few games, but the more he has started the worse he has been.

I always thought he was too young to be starting every week, but the McGinn injury and Drinkwater being gash has forced Dean to play him and Nakamba every game.

it's a shame Lansbury never took the few chances he's had this season.

Edited by VillanousOne

On 11/03/2020 at 18:45, hippo said:

Emphasis being ok. I keep hearing how well these players have - veretout I believe has been loaned out by his parents club.....as for the others ...... international caps ???

Veretout was loaned for FFP reasons he went to Roma not some relegation battler. Gana is one of the best defensive midfielders in the Champions League. 

I don't think we should write him off just yet. He's still only 21 and clearly has some talent. It would be stupid to get rid of him in the summer and I just hope that he can start to show the sort of ability that Guardiola seemed to rate.

On 13/03/2020 at 06:37, Zatman said:

If we stay up the best thing to do is loan him to a Championship club for the seasom

We should keep him here and use him as a last 20/30 min man.

He's had plenty of excellent cameos but struggles a lot starting.

Very talented player who always tries to get it down and pass which is a good trait.

• Like 1

I think he'll end up being a very good player. Probably not at Aston Villa.

He's a long way off it right now though. Can't rely on him as a starter in that position in a team battling relegation.

On 16/03/2020 at 01:19, Tomaszk said:

We should keep him here and use him as a last 20/30 min man.

He's had plenty of excellent cameos but struggles a lot starting.

Very talented player who always tries to get it down and pass which is a good trait.

You might be on to something.

Last 2 games he didn't start? We had 0 points when he came on, ended up with 4 points at the end of the games. He contributed a goal and assist in those 2 sub appearances (Brighton, Watford).

He definitely has talent, and a lot of it. I'm just not sure he's a luxury a relegation threatened team can have at the moment. But I'd hate to lose him.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2020 at 00:21, kurtsimonw said:

Last 2 games he didn't start? We had 0 points when he came on, ended up with 4 points at the end of the games. He contributed a goal and assist in those 2 sub appearances (Brighton, Watford).

He definitely has talent, and a lot of it. I'm just not sure he's a luxury a relegation threatened team can have at the moment. But I'd hate to lose him.

Yeah impact sub but means one of Drinkwater/Hourihane has to start which brings its own problems. Of course McGinn will be fit again whenever we start playing again so he'll be back starting.

He was rubbish at Leicester. So was Hourihane. And Nakamba. Have to say I'm amazed Nakamba is avoiding the same sort of scrutiny considering he's the actual regular DM in the team and I'm not really seeing great positioning or reading of the game or dropping in to help the CBs. He seems to be on the one good game a month Luiz is on currently. People calling him the new Kante at the start of the season. :lol:

On 20/03/2020 at 06:43, Zatman said:

According to Football 365 who put him in worst team of the season. He has won less tackles than Nakamba and McGinn and amazingly Nakamba has created more chances

Nobody knows whether he's a CM, DM or an AM, and judging by the above he doesn't either. 

Him making their flop team ots is about right.

Edited by Spray

On 18/03/2020 at 00:21, kurtsimonw said:

I think the bigger issue is that lately we have been playing more and more passive football. This means we give the ball away every 10 seconds and try to defend a draw. When he comes in as a sub and we are losing we have to attack the game so we pass the ball about and play good football. The fact is it has negatively impacted all of our players. Defensively we are shite because opponents have the ball around our box for 90% of the game and we aren't scoring because we don't attack when we win the ball back. We need to be less cowardly. 

Â