Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I think he's good. If we can stay up we are going to talk about this kid like we do Jack John and Tyrone. If we can keep them all and stay up we'll have the most exciting side we've had for years. 

Get off the kids back. We drew to the 2nd place team and are 90 mins from Wembley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I wasn't meaning so much to have a pop at him only that there was slating of Nakamba in his thread. So much criticism of both on social media after a fantastic result on the face of it

I get you. Honestly most of the post in this thread have been positive. The Nakamba hate has been over the top but the level headed comments don't really come out til the day after a match. 

I'm still curious as to what type of performance people expected from our out numbered midfield. We all miss Mcginn doing the work of two men but this is all we got right now. Let's get behind them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

So so, looks off the pace, and a bit slow in thought as well.

Hes only 21, and is hihly regarded by such pundits as Guillam Baligiue, but I have yet tosee anything that justifies that belief.

Keep him, but replace him for this season.

I agree but Balague is an absolute bluffer, has no credibility at all

• Thanks 1

i'm not sure he's the right pick in a game we're expected to be dominated in possession because he's not combative or aware enough at the moment. he's only going to improve with game time though, and i'm certainly not throwing in the towel on him. 

there's clearly huge potential there.

2 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

i'm not sure he's the right pick in a game we're expected to be dominated in possession because he's not combative or aware enough at the moment. he's only going to improve with game time though, and i'm certainly not throwing in the towel on him. 

there's clearly huge potential there.

Problem is who do you put there, Lansbury or Hourihane

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hourihane averages slightly more tackles a game than Heaton. Hopefully Drinkwater will step up 

Edited by Kiwivillan

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah, that's an issue. they're all quite similar. drinkwater i assume will step in in those types of games whenever he's fit enough.

I like Luiz and think he will eventually be a very good player. The immediate issue is that  for all the good work he does, he makes 2-3 howlers in almost every match that eventually result in goals or good scoring opportunities for the opposition. Football is not a sport where you can spot your opponent goals and easily recover from it.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just watched the goal back a few times. Can't believe some people blaming Konsa. Luiz had easy comfortable cushion that he instead over hit then absolutely dawdled to regain

Yeah it was ridiculous tbh. The lengths people are going to defend this guy is crazy, its pretty obvious he made a very bad mistake, a mistake that he's done several times this season and has cost us several times this season, yet everyone seems to be jumping at the bit trying to find excuses for him.

Obviously there's blaming Konsa for it, then there's the countless  amount of times people have mentioned how "he's only 21" , and the latest one I've read now is "he was being brave by asking for the ball" to try and put a positive spin on it. Imagine if Neil Taylor asked for the ball and lost it like that, he'd get absolutely slated.

Bottom line, he **** up bad this match. I don't know why its so hard for some people to admit that and try to excuse it in any way imaginable. And its not an isolated thing so it deserves more scrutiny. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

He will learn. Lost the ball a few times but will always show and never hide. Countless times this season he has got out of a tight situation. I really like him but as with most young players, has mistakes in him. He’s playing in the best league in the world for the first time. Just needs to be sharper against the Liverpools, Man Citys and Leicesters who swarm you and dont give you that extra second. Was impressed at how well they pressed us all night. Nobody had any time at all, one day hopefully we implement this into our game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He is infuriating because unlike when Taylor makes a mistake you can't put it down to his ability. Technically he's a really good player, got to get his head right though and find a way to be consistent somehow. He's got to do that, better 5 games at 7/10 than one at 9/10 and 4 at 4/10....

I’ll put my neck on the line here and say I don’t think he’ll become a very good player. A decent one perhaps, but he’s just too small and weak to really compete at this level. 

I’m just not a fan. I want to be, I just don’t see it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah it was ridiculous tbh. The lengths people are going to defend this guy is crazy, its pretty obvious he made a very bad mistake, a mistake that he's done several times this season and has cost us several times this season, yet everyone seems to be jumping at the bit trying to find excuses for him.

Obviously there's blaming Konsa for it, then there's the countless  amount of times people have mentioned how "he's only 21" , and the latest one I've read now is "he was being brave by asking for the ball" to try and put a positive spin on it. Imagine if Neil Taylor asked for the ball and lost it like that, he'd get absolutely slated.

Bottom line, he **** up bad this match. I don't know why its so hard for some people to admit that and try to excuse it in any way imaginable. And its not an isolated thing so it deserves more scrutiny. 

But it doesn’t make him shit - that’s the thing. It’s a mistake and a poor performance from a young player who is learning. That isn’t an excuse, it’s just a **** fact. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

And the latest scapegoat award goes to...

He's not a scapegoat.

There's definitely a player in there. I still think he'll turn out to be a very good player.

But last night he was absolutely shit. That's not making him a scapegoat. He was crap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He will learn. Lost the ball a few times but will always show and never hide. Countless times this season he has got out of a tight situation. I really like him but as with most young players, has mistakes in him. He’s playing in the best league in the world for the first time. Just needs to be sharper against the Liverpools, Man Citys and Leicesters who swarm you and dont give you that extra second. Was impressed at how well they pressed us all night. Nobody had any time at all, one day hopefully we implement this into our game.

I don’t know how these teams do it. It always feels like they have an extra man.  

Luiz was poor yesterday but he was involved throughout. He never hides. That’s why I think he will always start over Lansbury and Hourihane who tend to go missing and hide in these kind of games.  

If one of them had started they wouldn’t be getting the criticism that Luiz is getting because they would hardly be involved. Just passengers.

Â