Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Ayew, Amavi, Vertout, Guaye, Gollini...

... And I hope this list is not extended by players like Luiz.

Aston Villa can make REALLY good transfers. Douglas Luiz is a really good transfer.

Aston Villa, more often than not, is also very good at ruining those transfers, one way or another. 

If he is good enough for Pep and Brazil, I think he will be good enough for us. Let's give the lad some time. 

• Like 4

Not just Doug but It would help if we got basic passing right! We need crisp, fast passes not lazy half arsed ones like we see alot of the time. Despite giving the ball away time and time again against Leicester I applaud the effort and attitude we had. Big boost having Mings back and it influenced the whole team. 

13 hours ago, striker said:

Have watched Luiz in a number of games now and still can’t work out what he contributes to the team. Along with Wesley a poor signing.

Luiz does have potential he is still learning but is raw, 3 years from now I think he will be a decent player. 3 years from now Wesley will still be Shite I reckon he could do OK in a slower league at a mediocre team Unfortunately I think we have him on a 5 yr contract!

I think he's going to be WC. Nothing I have seen as of yet leaves me to think anything else. Yeah he can ponder at times, get caught out as we've seen with all our players at some point. I just think there is something special with him. I think this season is going to be up and down for a few due to settling down but I think when he gets his big boy strength over the next year or two he's going to shift gears like Jack has. He's the second most comfortable player on the ball in the squad imo and that itself speaks volumes of his potential. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Gueye that had most tackles and interceptions in all of Europe the calendar year he was with us and moved to Everton? The one who is at PSG now? 

I think that’s what he means, it’s a list of players that have since proved they’re better than they demonstrated in that god awful relegation year. Or in the Championship in Gollini’s case.

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think that’s what he means, it’s a list of players that have since proved they’re better than they demonstrated in that god awful relegation year. Or in the Championship in Gollini’s case.

I think he's saying they were rubbish but I could be wrong. Was going to edit later and say others done well too but got sidetracked

Edited by Kiwivillan

13 hours ago, useless said:

With Drinkwater in the side I think we'll see a big improvement in both Luiz and Nakamba, especially Luiz.

probably because he won't start?

21 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think he's going to be WC. Nothing I have seen as of yet leaves me to think anything else. Yeah he can ponder at times, get caught out as we've seen with all our players at some point. I just think there is something special with him. I think this season is going to be up and down for a few due to settling down but I think when he gets his big boy strength over the next year or two he's going to shift gears like Jack has. He's the second most comfortable player on the ball in the squad imo and that itself speaks volumes of his potential. 

Agree, but unfortunately sometimes he seems so comfortable on the ball he falls asleep.

Â