Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Looked really promising to begin with but too many mistakes in him. Sloppy free kicks in dangerous positions, sloppy passes, sloppy in possession in dangerous places. He's too much of a liability at the moment unfortunately. 

• Like 1

He just looks too small and weak for this level. I think he gets away with a lot of very average performances because he’s a Brazilian signed from Man City. 

Im really not sold on the guy. He may well turn out to be a decent player but he doesn’t offer anywhere near enough to warrant playing in this league week in week out. What is he? An attacking midfielder? A defensive midfielder? He’s in between everything and really not effective in any position. 

Just now, supermon said:

He shouldn't have got the pass in the first place, such a dumb thing to do from a free kick

It was two mistakes from two of our younger players unfortunately.

Luiz has talent but had a mare today. That inconsistency is typical of a young player. 

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Westwood and Cleverley had more impact on games than this chump.

This is harsh. He is erratic but he always wants the ball and covers every blade of grass. He might get rested now we have signed Drinkwater but no way do Hourihane or Lansbury offer as much as him.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

He shouldn't have got the pass in the first place, such a dumb thing to do from a free kick

Maybe, but that's still no excuse for him losing the ball the way he did. I didn't think the pass to him was that bad actually.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is harsh. He is erratic but he always wants the ball and covers every blade of grass. He might get rested now we have signed Drinkwater but no way do Hourihane or Lansbury offer as much as him.

I'd take Hourihane over him. Scores more goals, gets more assists and concedes less of these brain-fart goals.

3 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

He’ll probably be a Traore type character who will be too raw for us then develop hugely further down the line but at an entirely different club.

I’m not sure he’s what we currently need in the here and now and don’t think we can afford him the time to develop here. 

This might be right. A few years down the line I think he will have ironed out the sloppy mistakes and be doing great stuff in a good team. The question is how that fits for us right now...

Edit: though for what it’s worth I like giving young players a chance, which means you have to embrace mistakes. But he does make a few too many at the moment!

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'd take Hourihane over him. Scores more goals, gets more assists and concedes less of these brain-fart goals.

Neither are PL starter calibre players. You are splitting hairs and if you play either everyweek you are going down.

Crisp packets impact games more than both

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Hourihane is a tenth of the player. Don't be silly. 

Nah, I'd take Hourihane. At worst he's anonymous and at best he's been a match winner for us. Has a great goal and assist output in all competitions for us. Always a danger on set pieces. At worst Douglas has cost us several goals directly and has a habit of being just as anonymous as Hourihane can be too. He also doesn't have anywhere near the attacking output of Hourihane. Its an easy choice imo. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â