Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

konsa takes the blame for me absolute hospital pass from the FK 

It wasn’t really. Luiz should have been able to shield it and lay it off to Guilbert no bother.

But yeah I think Luiz gets unfair stick because he always shows for the ball in tight positions, and often he gets the blame for other players shirking responsibility.

24 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Actually that's what Smith said after the game, that Konsa must have been blinded by the yellow card. 

I don't care if Luiz is calling for it, it's a terrible choice. 

Reeling.

I disagree with Smith if he's pointed the finger at Konsa. Move is made so he makes the pass trying to get some possession, we know the rest.

What the whole thing does highlight for me is something that's been stark all season. We have so little nous it's maddening. Young team I suppose. 

BUT any freekick like that we should be taking an age over 1-0 up away from home to a team better than us. We're rushing when we should be being smart and wasting time. Anyone at the Southampton game knows how annoying and effective it can be when a team is doing it.

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa got a YC for time wasting on the free kick before he took it

Getting lots wrong here aren't I :lol:

He should have got a red!!!

Edited by Tomaszk

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Reeling.

I disagree with Smith if he's pointed the finger at Konsa. Move is made so he makes the pass trying to get some possession, we know the rest.

What the whole thing does highlight for me is something that's been stark all season. We have so little nous it's maddening. Young team I suppose. 

They had the nous to hold on in the last two games to get vital results. Luiz was our best player in one of those games. 

4 hours ago, striker said:

Have watched Luiz in a number of games now and still can’t work out what he contributes to the team. Along with Wesley a poor signing.

I think he has a bit of the Mikel Arteta about him. Watch a few more games - he's lacking consistency, and makes silly mistakes, but there's a real player there. Be very surprised if he turns out to be a poor signing.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think he has a bit of the Mikel Arteta about him. Watch a few more games - he's lacking consistency, and makes silly mistakes, but there's a real player there. Be very surprised if he turns out to be a poor signing.

At which point he'll be off to City

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

At which point he'll be off to City

And we will be in the championship.
The signing of Luiz is absolutely fine if he learns his trade from someone in the squad who’s better or if he’s getting a few minutes here and there. 
Having him as a starter is just stupid. He is the exact opposite of what we need in our plight. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The signing of Luiz is absolutely fine if he learns his trade from someone in the squad who’s better or if he’s getting a few minutes here and there. 
Having him as a starter is just stupid. He is the exact opposite of what we need in our plight. 

It is definitely a difficult environment for him to be learning his trade but I honestly don’t think we have anybody better at the moment.

For the record I think he will be a top player one day and will be all the better for the experience he is having now.

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It is definitely a difficult environment for him to be learning his trade but I honestly don’t think we have anybody better at the moment.

For the record I think he will be a top player one day and will be all the better for the experience he is having now.

On the first point, agreed, probably. A damning indictment on our scouting all the same. 

I don’t ever think he’ll be a top player. A decent player yes, not sure about him being top class. 

Isnt it great he gets all this experience with us to get better as we struggle.. 

At best, I’d put this signing down to ‘right player, wrong time’. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

On the first point, agreed, probably. A damning indictment on our scouting all the same. 

I don’t ever think he’ll be a top player. A decent player yes, not sure about him being top class. 

Isnt it great he gets all this experience with us to get better as we struggle.. 

At best, I’d put this signing down to ‘right player, wrong time’. 

I think it’s a good strategy to sign these guys when they are young. Let’s be honest if he does become a top player he won’t be signing for us then.

The problem is they need quality and experience around them to get them through games and enable them to be drip fed into the team. We should have mixed our recruitment up better in the summer. Stick either Marvellous or Luiz next to Kante instead of each other and I’m sure their game would improve dramatically 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Luiz is (or certainly will be) a good player, but he's somewhat a luxury player to us.  He does good things, but also things that result in us conceding as well. 

He'd be a perfect signing if we had a settled team, a bit more experienced and we had cover for his position.  

But we don't.  We signed a load of young, talented players in a new league (which we haven't been in a while, it's changed), from different places and they've had 5 months to work together. 

It's absolutely inevitable that we won't be seeing the best of him this season.  

We're in a really funny, difficult place.  There's a lot of uncertainty, even about the summer.  We will keep Jack?  If we do, we add a lot of quality around him.  If we don't, we have to replace him or think differently.  Will we be in the Prem?  There's a lot of variables in there.  Should Luiz stick around, he'll be one of our best players in a year or 2. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Reeling.

BUT any freekick like that we should be taking an age over 1-0 up away from home to a team better than us. We're rushing when we should be being smart and wasting time. Anyone at the Southampton game knows how annoying and effective it can be when a team is doing it.

Just because a move for a pass is made, it doesn't mean that you have to make that pass. All players are, hopefully, moving for the ball, but not all are in good situations to receive it. You need to be aware of when a potential receiving player is in a good position to get the ball or not before you make a pass

14 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Just because a move for a pass is made, it doesn't mean that you have to make that pass. 

Thanks.

Nothing wrong with the pass though. Doug's error was getting caught. Ball could have gone long initially but the pass into Doug was fine.

Â