Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 02/01/2020 at 13:38, Stevo985 said:

He's lived in the country for about 5 months. Give him a chance!

Take him down the labour exchange.....they will teach him.

On 02/01/2020 at 14:57, Enda said:

That attempted lob though :(

As he went to hit it I was thinking “this is exactly when you want a snazzy Brazilian midfielder on the ball” so I was really disappointed. He had a great game apart from that. Stepping up in intensity.

Seems like there is some conflicting information:

https://mcfcxtra.com/2019/10/25/pep-guardiola-reveals-clause-in-douglas-luizs-aston-villa-contract/

Guardiola stated: “He would’ve been here, but without work permit it’s not possible. We sent him on loan too, now he’s in Aston Villa. I think we have an option to buyback but life is like that.”

We wanted him because we had problems in that position last season, we didn’t buy a holding midfielder till 3rd or 4th season, but rules here didn’t allow it. When he played in the States, he was really good. I think he has the quality to play with us.” 

32 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I'm not sure there is as the quote on the last page definitely wasn't from the article in the same post. I think it's a silly thing of differentiating between buyback and release clauses or not.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Am I the only one who thinks he’s fairly average? 

I’m sure there are others! But those who think he has a lot of potential include Pep Guardiola so you can see why most people are willing to give him some time to see how he develops. Is already playing some nice football and will hopefully keep getting better once he has, say, 20-30 PL games under his belt.

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he will be a top player. To be holding his own in the PL at 21, making the Brazil senior squad and absolutely dominating at International u23 level is all very impressive.

Jack’s last season in the PL, at a similar age, in a similar team, was far from impressive but look at him now. Luiz is a really good footballer. He struggles a bit physically due to his age and size but that will improve. He is also learning his role within the team which will improve over time. Of all our summer signings his value is the one that can increase the most in my opinion.

51 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Kind of surprised by the language part as I thought he was translating between Wesley and the physios.

He is probably semi-fluent. But wes would have been in a lot of pain so when he was speaking he probably would have been speaking whatever language is most natural to him so Portuguese. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair comment, i would agree he has been average so far, some poor, some average, some good.

I think overall thats excellent though, it's his first season in the Prem, he's 21, an u23 and now called up for the senior Brazil team,  I think he has a LOT of growth to come ability wise.

Let's not forget we have youth/other players older than him on loan to championship or league 1 clubs.

If we had a 21 year old youth product playing like he has, on balance we would be extremely happy.

Whether we will keep him at the end of the season I don't know, but I reckon he will develop in to a top player.

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, I'm with you for now. He has shown enough for me to think he has the potential to become a very good player. Could be completely wrong of course!

Gueye was the stand out player in all the early games of that season. then he realised no one else gave a shit so stopping giving one himself.

I agree with the above. Luiz is bang average. has no clue about being a DM.

Wolves in the league cup. dispossessed whilst **** about on the half way line then pretending he's injured to negate the issue that he might have to sprint back.  that 2nd wolves away goal. why didn't he take a yellow for the team and rugby tackle the guy? the watford goal he knows where target is and he's got his hand in the air for offside. then that riddiculous shoulder charge deeney was waiting for. The countless times he's given it straight back to the centre halves when he should drive forward.

Incredibly naive player who has been costing us goals all season.

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Gueye was the stand out player in all the early games of that season. then he realised no one else gave a shit so stopping giving one himself.

I agree with the above. Luiz is bang average. has no clue about being a DM.

Wolves in the league cup. dispossessed whilst **** about on the half way line then pretending he's injured to negate the issue that he might have to sprint back.  that 2nd wolves away goal. why didn't he take a yellow for the team and rugby tackle the guy? the watford goal he knows where target is and he's got his hand in the air for offside. then that riddiculous shoulder charge deeney was waiting for. The countless times he's given it straight back to the centre halves when he should drive forward.

Incredibly naive player who has been costing us goals all season.

If he fouled Adama he would have probably been sent off as he was the last man. 

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If he fouled Adama he would have probably been sent off as he was the last man. 

Definitely wasn't the last man, just watched it. There were several players behind Luiz, but they were in the middle of the pitch. Adama going by Luiz just meant that he had acres of space on the wing to run through but he still had to put in the cross for a goal which could easily have been blocked by the central defenders. It would've been a yellow.

Â