Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Head and feat to challenge for the ball, stop all this shoving and turning away from headers crap, christ it makes trez (who is embarrassing) look like a tackler.

Do they not teach players how to tackle or head anymore ?

And yet another stupid error, seriously, a player shows for the ball, gets it passed to him and he muffs it up for another direct goal from his error.

He cant be that stupid to realise he is costing us in 25% of the games he plays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just bumping this because he seems to have got off the hook while everyone piling into Nakamba

P.S. Fernandinho future replacement my arse

Not sure about that Kiwi. I think most are in agreement that neither player is good enough. 

We have real issues in the middle of the park. No question. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just bumping this because he seems to have got off the hook while everyone piling into Nakamba

Yeah everybody, don’t forget about laying into 21yr old Douglas Luiz who made a mistake. Honestly... 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hawk said:

Yeah everybody, don’t forget about laying into 21yr old Douglas Luiz who made a mistake. Honestly... 🙄

That's not the point. No tackles and dispossessed 3 times more than any other Villa player tonight

He was fantastic against Burnley. You can see the class he has but he is still learning. He will adapt. We can't get on his backs too much otherwise we will have another Veretout/Gana situation. He is younger than O'Hare don't forget.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

Look at all the times he's cost us this season. Wolves cup wolves league watford league. he cost 15m and he can't do the basics. how about putting the crap pass into Row Z then giving konsa and ear full?

Bournemouth 2nd goal

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Look at all the times he's cost us this season. Wolves cup wolves league watford league. he cost 15m and he can't do the basics. how about putting the crap pass into Row Z then giving konsa and ear full?

15mil is nothing these days, equivalent of 3 mil 15 years ago. 

At least all that buy back clause talk has stopped.  Wasn't at his best but this new formation ask a huge amount of him.  With Jack pushed up top and 2 wingers also on the pitch Douglas and Nakamba had an impossible task in the midfield.  I think, given the fact he was facing the 2nd best team away from home, he acquitted himself well enough.  Can't ignore the mistake but that's part of the growth of any young player.    Hopefully Dean gives him a little more help versus City. 

6 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

At least all that buy back clause talk has stopped.  Wasn't at his best but this new formation ask a huge amount of him.  With Jack pushed up top and 2 wingers also on the pitch Douglas and Nakamba had an impossible task in the midfield.  I think, given the fact he was facing the 2nd best team away from home, he acquitted himself well enough.  Can't ignore the mistake but that's part of the growth of any young player.    Hopefully Dean gives him a little more help versus City. 

I wasn't meaning so much to have a pop at him only that there was slating of Nakamba in his thread. So much criticism of both on social media after a fantastic result on the face of it

Â