Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he was rightfully dropped but took advantage of his chance off the bench.

I hope he starts our next game and shows more consistency because he has bags of talent.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

And next off the Douglas Luiz random performance generator...an excellent cameo off the bench. His drive and quick passing really got us on the front foot in the second half so would expect him to start on Tuesday.

'Random performance generator' is exactly right. He couldn't be more inconsistent if he tried.

Will he score from 30 yards against Watford, or give Deeney another soft penalty to score? Who knows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Hmmn, everyone getting excited because of one pass. He needs to play at a higher tempo with the ball and close down the opposition much quicker when defending. At the moment he is playing below Premier league quality football imo.

‘One pass.’

Winning the ball solo in our own half and taking three touches to turn it into the best assist of the season. 

Wanting people to not get excited is fine but let’s give credit where it is due. Your points on how he needs to improve are absolutely correct, and exactly what I would expect of any 21 year old with 20 PL appearances to his name.

It seems whoever we start in midfield the reaction after the game is that they're not good enough and such and such player should be starting instead, and when said alternative midfielders start instead, they do just as poorly, and so we go around and around in circles, because in truth none of our midfielders have been that great except for McGinn. I think we're just weak in midfield full stop whoever starts. Luiz is the one with most promise and will probably become a very good player, but needs help.

• Like 2

McGinn was poor after he was pushed back to accommodate Jack moving forwards. We got the best out of Jack doing that but sacrificed Johns early season form. It might just be he was as knackered as he looked but the timing wasn't a coincidence.

If we can get the best out of Luiz, Jack and John at the same time. For 4 or 5 games in a row, it might just keep us up. They will all be good Premier League players, maybe all Great Premier League players. Having one of them have a good game and not the other 2 isn't enough.

Edited by HalfTimePost

38 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Hmmn, everyone getting excited because of one pass. He needs to play at a higher tempo with the ball and close down the opposition much quicker when defending. At the moment he is playing below Premier league quality football imo.

I thought he played well in other aspects aside from the assist.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I thought he played well in other aspects aside from the assist.

Defensively was extremely poor from my view, they just passed the ball and zero effort made 4 or 5 times. That's in the limited time he was on.

CH gets pelters for only scoring or assisting, yet one good assist and louiz is a world beater ? I'm not saying you said that, you didn't, but others are very easily pleased.

He gets too high up the pitch too often and point blank refuses to track back leaving us terribly exposed every game he plays.

I dont think he is a dm if he is he is a lazy one.

Â