Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

The most interesting bit is the position he took up. He started defending in midfield about 8 yards out from the box - roughly where he should expect to be......

... only to look around and realise everybody else bar Kodjia was behind him. 😄

He'll do fine once he gets a run of games.

• Haha 1

I think he will be a big player for us. Has something about him. 

Yes he struggled a bit on Saturday but that was probably one of the hardest games and circumstances to come on to for you debut. Just compare his contribution next to Kodjia and Jota as an example of how difficult it was.  At least he managed to touch the ball a few times.

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Very interesting.

Firstly I think he’s going to be great for us.

However his tracking for their second and tackle for their third were poor, things Hourihane would be slaughtered for.

This is true. I was so against playing Hourihane there, but he was fine in comparison. I think Luis looked off the pace (the Spurs pace...they were very strong in the second half). It was a near impossible situation to come in and make a difference. Hopefully Nakamba or Luis make the position their own soon enough through their quality, which we're all hoping they have. 

Being fit and being match fit are too entirely different things. It will take the guy a few weeks to get up to speed.

I'm hugely excited by him. Bit it's all down to hype. LIterally the only time I've seen him play is Saturday's few minutes. I didn't even bother with the YouTube videos :D 

Â