Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Luiz wasn't bought to score goals and Brugge fan I met said Engel's positioning is excellent which appears to be the case so good enough for me. Don't need videos for either

I agree, my point was they are terrible videos. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's making it sound like he's more than happy to throw him in on Saturday. 

Deano certainly didn’t rule it out but probably didn’t feel that he had to. Would still be a massive surprise to start on Saturday though.

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

Deano certainly didn’t rule it out but probably didn’t feel that he had to. Would still be a massive surprise to start on Saturday though.

Oh aye, I think it would. But he appears to have landed and kicked straight on with training. I've also looked into the whole jet lag thing, he's had virtually a month to prepare for this so they may well have circumnavigated the worst effects of it. 

He has/had 3 days to impress. So who knows. He seems like a smart kid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Oh aye, I think it would. But he appears to have landed and kicked straight on with training. I've also looked into the whole jet lag thing, he's had virtually a month to prepare for this so they may well have circumnavigated the worst effects of it. 

He has/had 3 days to impress. So who knows. He seems like a smart kid. 

I fly a lot, e.g. transatlantic eighteen times last year.

There's a four hour time difference between Brazil and England, which isn't much at all. You're fine after a long night's sleep, two days turnaround max.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Enda said:

I fly a lot, e.g. transatlantic eighteen times last year.

There's a four hour time difference between Brazil and England, which isn't much at all. You're fine after a long night's sleep, two days turnaround max.

There's also a school of thought that holds flying west to east causes much less severe effects than flying east to west.

I've taken a lot of flights and my own experience reflects that but the distance obviously matters too.

22 minutes ago, privateer said:

There's also a school of thought that holds flying west to east causes much less severe effects than flying east to west.

I've taken a lot of flights and my own experience reflects that but the distance obviously matters too.

Flying east is apparently scientifically proven to be worse on the body due to the shortening of the day.  It's easier for the body to extend the day than shorten. Dependent on the amount of time zones crossed and the individual body in general. 

50 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i hope im not disappointed, but a midfield 3 of Douglas Luiz, McGinn and Grealish makes me giddy.....

Hopefully too having a DM who is more competent and able to move the ball forward will enable jack to stay further up the field. He does tend to drop a little too deep at times. Needs to trust that with Luiz in the side it'll come to him if he stays further up field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Hopefully too having a DM who is more competent and able to move the ball forward will enable jack to stay further up the field. He does tend to drop a little too deep at times. Needs to trust that with Luiz in the side it'll come to him if he stays further up field.

yeah completely agree with this, Jack regularly drops super deep to help get the ball out of the back, hopefully as you say, if Douglas Luiz can be the main man in DM it will encourage Grealish to stay further up the field.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Been saying for a while, Jack is gonna be so deadly now that he'll have Douglas feeding him from deep. He'll be our most important signing along with Heaton because he'll have the biggest positive effect on our style of play.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

cant wait to see Luiz in action.

Kalinic, in leggings, in summer! That guy must have balls made of candy floss. I recall the game where he first got injured last season. One of the commentators was laying into him for not showing more strength of character and he never appeared for the second half. 

Meanwhile, back to Dougie, I think if he shows enough in training he plays on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

So excited to see how he's going to get on. Similar with Wes. I think they will take to the PL like ducks to water. I think he will be on the bench Saturday.

Luiz will be world class, i have a gut feeling.

• Like 1

Â