Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He does look good.  Maybe worth playing higher up the pitch as he seems to have some pace judging from that charge he did upfield.  Just a shame about the **** up, I guess the culpability of that is whether he got a call or not.  Lovely goal though.

Great goal and he grew into the game, but I was quite disappointed that he didn't seem to bring much drive to the game, he wasn't offering himself for the pass in the centre circle and never ran past his man. Looked like he needs a few games to get up to pace.

Nervy first half but I thought he was class in the second half even though he tired towards the end. Think it is definitely going to be a few games before he really settles but what was very evident is that he plays that DM role very well. He knows when to drop off to allow the CB's to split, which then allows the FB's to push on. That's what good DMs do. His passing range looks good also and plays with both feet. Not the strongest by the look of things but very composed in tight spaces with players around him. I like the look of him very much. Showed far more regardless of the error than others during that 90 min. I think he has much to learn but at 21 yrs is a player. Loved how he also celebrated the goal and tried to get the crowd going. What a goal it was as well to erase the earlier error. A thumbs up from me.  

• Like 1

Still not sold on him yet...  The wonder goal is papering over a lot of cracks in his play for me.

• Spends WAY too much time on the ball
  • Gets caught ball watching too often when we do have possession
  • Doesn't seem strong enough to be the defensive player we need in that role (too Hourihane-ish at times)

Again, I know it's early days, but he is the signing I worry the most about at this point.  

• Like 2

Thought he was class and I'd have named him our best midfielder easily even before he scored a peach. 

Extremely calm and composed, maybe a little too much at times but really liked what I saw from him. He's only going to get better as well as the season goes on. 

• Like 3

Awful for 20 minutes couldn't find any space as Bournemouth pressed high. Look shell shocked and far too one paced.

Grew into the game but not sure if that was him or bournemouth, used his body well and wasn't rushed in possession. It is a great trait.

He needs to get up to speed, fast. We cannot keep conceding shite goals.

Â