Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

The question is, how long does he need with the group before he can play? I don't think his fitness will be an issue but will DS and the team need sometime with him to get him working within the system.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

The question is, how long does he need with the group before he can play? I don't think his fitness will be an issue but will DS and the team need sometime with him to get him working within the system.

If a player is good enough they will play.

Look at any of the Thursday afternoon signings of other teams, I am sure they will play in the coming Saturday or certainly the following week.

I hope douglas is good enough to just walk straight in to that DM slot.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If a player is good enough they will play.

Look at any of the Thursday afternoon signings of other teams, I am sure they will play in the coming Saturday or certainly the following week.

I hope douglas is good enough to just walk straight in to that DM slot.

No chance for this weekend. He’s just flown in from brazil apparently, it’ll take roughly 3-4 days to recover from the time difference and he’s unlikely to be fully training immediately for that reason, then he would have to dive straight in to our first premier league game with what, a max of two days with the squad at the most realistically? 

I just can’t see it

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I expect him to be a PERManent feature in our first team.

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As mentioned above he won't be playing Saturday for sure because jet lag. 

Also - how can he possibly be match fit? He has been training on his own for well over a month. 

There’s no way he could be match fit like you say. I would expect him to be phased in, possible some minutes against Bournemouth and then stay in the side.

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

September you'd imagine.

Hourihane will start at Spurs as DM anyway.

Â