Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Very likeable bloke. We all know about his limitations, but I find it impossible to not like any player/person that works their bollocks off.

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

He was all over the place after he came on. Watching the highlights back i’m not sure what position he was in. Scoring position is the obvious answer.

I noticed this as well, covered so.much ground and on both sides of the pitch,  maybe we have found a number 10........a header , missed from the left, a shot scored from Central,  another shot missed from the right and a shot scored from the left. 

10 hours ago, robby b said:

If it was a gun then I think I've got it... maybe he was saying 'be quiet' to those who have 'shot him down' with criticism. But I'm not convinced it was a gun. Maybe he simply wanted to point to his mind.

Looking at it again I think this may well be the case. He may have just been pointing at himself.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, tinker said:

I noticed this as well, covered so.much ground and on both sides of the pitch,  maybe we have found a number 10........a header , missed from the left, a shot scored from Central,  another shot missed from the right and a shot scored from the left. 

You can’t restrict Trezeguet to a position. Need to just set him free.

• Like 3

Wonder what Ollie was saying to him after the 1st goal?

I love the behind the scenes coverage of the second goal. You can see how happy all the players are for him when they are coming over to celebrate with him. They’re all shouting Trezzy!  I think they’re all shocked he’s just banged in 2 goals. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wonder what Ollie was saying to him after the 1st goal?

I love the behind the scenes coverage of the second goal. You can see how happy all the players are for him when they are coming over to celebrate with him. They’re all shouting Trezzy!  I think they’re all shocked he’s just banged in 2 goals. 

Was the same in Palace game last season, Jack had his hands on his head in shock 😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, av1 said:

Very likeable bloke. We all know about his limitations, but I find it impossible to not like any player/person that works their bollocks off.

I wonder if it's maybe just Villa fans, VillaTalk fans or fans in general who are slightly hypocritical on this matter? Namely, if a player/the team gives absolutely everything, then the fans are happy.

21 hours ago, tinker said:

They commented on MOTD how good his movement was.  And for a change he matched this with his finishing.

It is really bizarre - for the last 10 weeks or so he has looked like pure comedy gold - falling over, shooting hopelessly wide, burying his head in his hands in frustration - and on Sunday he looked like a proper striker.  I remember the summer before we bought him and he was playing in the AFCON cup and the media said he outperformed Salah.  We have rarely seen that, but he looked a proper player on Sunday.  If we could get that consistently, we have a £50m player on our hands, I just question whether this is possible having watched him over the last couple of months!

Â