Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

What did the celebration mean? I thought it was “don’t tell me to shoot myself” ... but might be wrong?

I thought the same. Perhaps he's been reading what people have been saying about him here?

We saw the good, the bad and the ugly all in his cameo yesterday. Very likeable squad player though.

His header at the far post was appalling and you think at this point, why do we use him but then the madness.  He harassed and rattled their defence, his goals taken well and his endless running gave us some zip.

No doubt we need an upgrade but I like his work ethic and honesty.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

What did the celebration mean? I thought it was “don’t tell me to shoot myself” ... but might be wrong?

If it was a gun then I think I've got it... maybe he was saying 'be quiet' to those who have 'shot him down' with criticism. But I'm not convinced that it was definitely a gun. Maybe he simply wanted to point to his mind.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has not even lived in England 2 years, Aguero has lived nearly a decade and Wayne Rooney over 3 decades and they survived without ever leaening the language 

Sorry, I got mixed up about when he joined us.

I'm not saying his English is really bad, in some ways it's actually quite good or ok. His fluency, vocab and pronunciation are quite good, but I noticed in a post-match interview yesterday he just didn't put verbs in the past tense (though referring to the match) and this is important. Till recently I was an EFL teacher for 16 years and it's not hard to learn the main verbs in the past simple in English, there's no conjugation to learn. But yeah, I do appreciate it's harder for an Arabic speaker to learn English than a European language speaker, absolutely.

I like Trez, btw, he's a good lad!  : >  👍

"Wayne Rooney", hahaha! :D

Edited by robby b

i dont think anyone will convince me he has any high level talent, but he does seem to pop up with some important goals for us.

What i will say though, is his attitude and work ethic is first class.

• Like 1

If he’s made available in the Summer, I wonder who will come in for him. From the outside looking in, he comes across as a goalscoring wide player with a great work ethic. I’ve no doubt he would be very decent in a lot of the top leagues across Europe. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is, he has a value attached to him? If we manage to get anywhere near back what we paid for him, one might argue Trez has been a great signing for us! 

When you look at the squads the teams above us have, I'm not against keeping trez and el ghazi. 

But we need at least one more winger so they become 4th/5th choice options and not immediate back up. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he’s made available in the Summer, I wonder who will come in for him. From the outside looking in, he comes across as a goalscoring wide player with a great work ethic. I’ve no doubt he would be very decent in a lot of the top leagues across Europe. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is, he has a value attached to him? If we manage to get anywhere near back what we paid for him, one might argue Trez has been a great signing for us! 

i can see him going to Turkey or similar tbh.

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why would we want to sell a player that always gives 100%. We need more players with his attitude not less. 

Because in reality he isnt very good at all.

I dont deny he scores some important goals, and his attitude and work ethic is first class, but he's simply not a very good player.

What we actually need is players with his work ethic AND the ability to play football.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Because in reality he isnt very good at all.

I dont deny he scores some important goals, and his attitude and work ethic is first class, but he's simply not a very good player.

What we actually need is players with his work ethic AND the ability to play football.

I think hes better than people make out on here and I'd rather have someone with his work ethic than a technical play with no drive. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we dont want either, why is your argument towards the lowest common denominator?

We need to be getting payers with both attributes.

As I said he as not as bad technically as people make out. The technique for both goals was very good and the other shot he had. Yes he needs to do it more but I think he shouldn't be a player we are looking to sell. 

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we dont want either, why is your argument towards the lowest common denominator?

We need to be getting payers with both attributes.

I'd argue that before his injury he was giving 7/10 performances that with better finishing from others and himself he would be on around 10 goal involvements. Since his injury he's regressed (until yesterday) to last season levels of comedy. 

For most of this season his performances have reminded me of Park Ji Sung solid and reliable. If he goes back to Park Ji Sung solid and reliable performance levels I'd keep him if we can't improve on him. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

As I said he as not as bad technically as people make out. The technique for both goals was very good and the other shot he had. Yes he needs to do it more but I think he shouldn't be a player we are looking to sell. 

Looking at his history he was close to a move to Inter once so he’s not as shit as people make out. He definitely has ability but for the most part it’s not good enough for where we want to be or even for the league on a consistent basis.  But for all his limitations in ability he still always gives a shift and his movement is very good so have to give him credit for that.  

If he could be as composed as he was yesterday for his goals he could be close to double figures this season with some of the chances he has had.  But to be fair he gets those chances because of his desire and running off the ball to get in to those goal scoring positions.

• Like 3

As I see it we won't be signing 2 wingers this summer, but we also will sign one for sure. So if you're letting a winger go then Trez for me should be one of two the we keep. His attitude, work rate, and ability the perform when the team needs it most set him above El-Ghazi for sure and on a par with Traore.

Â