Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How the f*ck can he not even be able to control, run without falling over himself, or direct a ball one minute, then score and go on to hit shots with Roberto Carlos type power the next? lol

The Trez towards the end was the Trez which started the season and impressed us so much.

That 15 minutes was surreal, i'm still in shock...delighted but in shock.  75 minutes of rubbish then players come on that werent exactly likely to change the game, and it went crazy and Trez, Davis and Traore just flipped it on it's head and that lack of confidence the team has had, the poor form for 2 months looked like it never happened.  We looked dangerous, creative and lethal.  I honestly dont understand football but I'll sit here tonight with a smile on my face.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That 15 minutes was surreal, i'm still in shock...delighted but in shock.  75 minutes of rubbish then players come on that werent exactly likely to change the game, and it went crazy and Trez, Davis and Traore just flipped it on it's head and that lack of confidence the team has had, the poor form for 2 months looked like it never happened.  We looked dangerous, creative and lethal.  I honestly dont understand football but I'll sit here tonight with a smile on my face.

It's crazy mate, I was thinking, this was the Villa from the first half of the season ffs, where have we been?

It shows we are capable if we just up the ante.

Another poster pointed out that Mings determination to make amends and pushing forward was a big part of it too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's crazy mate, I was thinking, this was the Villa from the first half of the season ffs, where have we been?

It shows we are capable if we just up the ante.

Another poster pointed out that Mings determination to make amends and pushing forward was a big part of it too.

That's why I defend Smith more than I should because these players can do it but why havent they?  Dean hasnt lost the dressing room we know that.  These players played the first half of the season like this, we know they can play like this as you said.  Dean has always been an attacking coach so he's not doing a Bruce and taking that out of the players.  That's why I always come back to form and confidence of the players.  Hopefully this has given them confidence and we can start picking up form.  i know we have two hard games coming up but as long as we try I dont care if we lose to them, I just want them to try and cut out silly mistakes.

• Like 1

He is an incredible player, not in a talent way but just when you think he is completely shit he does something amazing 😂😂😂

He is preparing for next week to show who the true Egyptian icon is 😂

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Not really an enigma. It's not like we haven't seen footballers who were excellent finishers but absolutely daft at other aspects of the game. He hustles, gives his all and a couple times a season will turn up with absolute class finish. 

Shouldn't be starting most games but you would be crazy if you said he cant do a job for us now. Keep it up Trez👍

33 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Has anybody worked out what his weird shooting himself in the head goal celebration was about. Just watching the highlights and I think Ollie’s telling him to pack it in.

Think Ollie was telling him to give a shout when he's coming in for headers at the back post because they got in each other's way right before the goal when Trez missed that header.

• Like 1

His goal celebrations confuse me, but his goals dont :)

he got in a: praise god point to the sky, soaring eagle, this is my house, sssshh the crowd, shoot yourself, praise god kiss the ground...   :)

Bloody fine goals I have to say. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm really pleased for him that he got off the mark finally today with his London buses goals. Phew. (Now we need Luis to get his first league goal of the season too, come on Doug!) 

I think Trezeguet's English grammar is maybe a bit concerningly poor at the moment for living in England for about three years now, and you can see how stressed he is from speaking in English in his interviews still. Mate, remember the past of common verbs! Do > did, win > won... :s But he has such a great natural gift for volleying! Volleying star! And he kept us up last season with those vital goals against Palace and Arsenal, so in those ways he's a bit of a cult hero ledge.  : >

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, robby b said:

I'm really pleased for him that he got off the mark finally today with his London buses goals. Phew. (Now we need Luis to get his first league goal of the season too, come on Doug!) 

Trezeguet's English is a bit concerningly poor after living in England for about three years now, and you can see how stressed he is from speaking in English in his interviews still. Mate, remember the past of common verbs! Do > did, win > won... :s But... he has such a great natural gift for volleying! Volleying star! And he kept us up last season with those goals against Palace and Arsenal, so in those ways he's a bit of a cult hero ledge!   : >

He has not even lived in England 2 years, Aguero has lived nearly a decade and Wayne Rooney over 3 decades and they survived without ever leaening the language 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has not even lived in England 2 years, Aguero has lived nearly a decade and Wayne Rooney over 3 decades and they survived without ever leaening the language 

Neither have you by the looks of things ;)

Incredible, genius and hilarious banter aside, he very much hasn’t been here 3 years (I think you’re right that it’s not even two?) and English is tricky for a native Arabic speaker with little exposure to English and it seems to me his English is coming along fine, he has the support of other Arabic speakers in the squad and he seems to be settling in nicely.

I don’t know what it is I just love the guy. Actually I do know what it is - he clearly has immense pride playing for the club, he plays with a smile on his face, despite being admittedly mostly below-par he has also saved the club and won us so many points. He’s a loveable enigma wrapped in a riddle. Yes we need to improve on him for  starting position but he absolutely must remain part of the squad. A club of our size will Never have world beaters on the bench like city do, but having a player who can randomly tear apart a team fighting for survival is an excellent asset. 

• Like 2

Â