Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, smg said:

He’s gash ! One of our players potentially has a career threatening injury and all you can come up with is that. Ffs.

Irrespective of his injury he is not good enough to play for Villa. Of course I wish him a speedy recovery, that goes without saying really.

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

Irrespective of his injury he is not good enough to play for Villa. Of course I wish him a speedy recovery, that goes without saying really.

Judging by some of the comments on here very few of our players are good enough to play for Villa.

10 minutes ago, smg said:

Judging by some of the comments on here very few of our players are good enough to play for Villa.

depends, some show good performances about one game in four - AEG, Traore, Trez, Barkley (I'm being generous) etc - if they could make that three in four then we'd be better off :)

With Trez out I hope we go the more adventurous route and don't stick Elmo at RW until Grealish is fit.

Starting options will likely be El Ghazi and Traoré (if fit) but if we bring someone on from the bench then please let it be someone who has a future at the club, even if that player is not the finished article yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sne said:

With Trez out I hope we go the more adventurous route and don't stick Elmo at RW until Grealish is fit.

Starting options will likely be El Ghazi and Traoré (if fit) but if we bring someone on from the bench then please let it be someone who has a future at the club, even if that player is not the finished article yet.

I hope so too. I saw the sense in it last season for the few times he played there. Safe pair of hands, knows the league, doubling up on that wing for the league cup final etc. but we're safe now. We know Elmo's time at the club is limited. Let's see if some of the youngsters have a future at the club.

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so the rumour is ACL tear??, any idea if true?

so is that 6-9 months out roughly, if true?

Still no formal news, other than Trez himself saying "he's not quite sure about the injury" when he posted the evening of the match. 

31 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Still no formal news, other than Trez himself saying "he's not quite sure about the injury" when he posted the evening of the match. 

true, but then you have a couple of Villa players wishing him a speedy recovery......i wouldn't expect that for a "standard" injury?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

true, but then you have a couple of Villa players wishing him a speedy recovery......i wouldn't expect that for a "standard" injury?

and the Egyptian national team including Salah. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

if it is an ACL, it might be interesting to see how this forces our hand in the summer, as it might mean we definitely need two high level wingers.

I think it means we won't sell El Ghazi this summer.

• Like 1

On 11/04/2021 at 16:10, smg said:

He’s gash ! One of our players potentially has a career threatening injury and all you can come up with is that. Ffs.

Potentially unpopular opinion: I'd love it if as well as swears, obnoxious slang like "Gash" could be automatically altered or blocked on this site as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

How or why did he come back onto the pitch with an ACL injury? 

Bit dodgy from our medical staff. 

Stories exist of players tearing their ACL and finishing whole games afterwards.

While on field methods can diagnosis most tears the only way to truly determine one is with an MRI. So if their is no sign of swelling or loss of knee stability a ACL tear diagnosis can be initially missed. 

• Like 1

Speedy recovery. As much as he looks like a competition winner most weeks, he’s something of a cult hero. Somehow managed 8 PL goals in his time at Villa too. We were always strengthening in his position in the summer anyway, just a shame we wont have his energy for the run in. El Ghazi against City will be painful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I think it means we won't sell El Ghazi this summer.

Probably more likely as we're definitely going to need a decent new winger so might as well upgrade Elghazi with his exit fee part funding it. 

Â