Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I guess what I’m trying to say is, he has a value attached to him? If we manage to get anywhere near back what we paid for him, one might argue Trez has been a great signing for us! 

We only paid £9m for him. That would be an absolute pittance for a player his age with a couple of years PL experience under his belt, I'd see no point letting him go for anything like that kind of money. 

For comparison, Leeds paid £15m for Helder Costa. 

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I assumed it was meant to be a message against gun violence: he does the gun sign and then the ‘shush’. Am I reading too much into this?!! 

Ah maybe... it was a very confusing one

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I think hes better than people make out on here and I'd rather have someone with his work ethic than a technical play with no drive. 

So would Smith,  that's why Barkley stayed on the bench and Trez came on. I would keep Trez as an impact  sub once we have other options.  For now I would rather play him than the  Elghazi we saw yesterday. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve seen comments on Twitter calling for him to be suspended for the celebration. 

I don't even know what it meant.

However, this is where cultural differences are sometimes highlighted, I doubt there was any malicious intent or suicide encouragement intended.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't even know what it meant.

However, this is where cultural differences are sometimes highlighted, I doubt there was any malicious intent or suicide encouragement intended.

It’s a strange one. Maybe he was just pointing to his head? 

spacer.png

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Trez is like Jesus, he rises from the dead at Easter. 

He'll be like Ronaldo between now and the end of season! 

• Haha 1

He was all over the place after he came on. Watching the highlights back i’m not sure what position he was in. Scoring position is the obvious answer.

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd love to hear him explain what he meant, in English :- D

54fytf.jpg

Note, I have Egyptian mates and interact with Egyptians often, so it's no offense, but this is how they talk haha.

Translation: " Shut up your mouths, you stupid people ". 😎

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve seen comments on Twitter calling for him to be suspended for the celebration. 

Robbie Keane would have been banned a lot during his career

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

we dont want either, why is your argument towards the lowest common denominator?

We need to be getting payers with both attributes.

Agreed. Unfortunately, our wingers all have one decent attribute but not very well rounded games. Traore has a very silky touch, Trezeguet works hard and El Ghazi is capable of scoring screamers. 

As all round footballers though, they’re not good enough. 

• Like 3

Both he and El Ghazi need to be improved upon if we want to keep developing and progressing as a club...

Neither are world beaters... but both HAVE contributed to our improvement and progression over the past few years...

I will wish them well when they inevitably leave because they haven’t done anything wrong to us (unless they decide to insult the club or spit at the fans etc etc)...

They just aren’t good enough for where we want to be...

But kudos to Trez for his contribution yesterday and the run in to the end of last season...

and the same to El Ghazi for his performances in December

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

54fytf.jpg

Note, I have Egyptian mates and interact with Egyptians often, so it's no offense, but this is how they talk haha.

Translation: " Shut up your mouths, you stupid people ". 😎

Its aimed at the critics who say Villa are nothing without Grealish. 

• Like 1

I've seen some Fulham fans who think the 'gun' gesture is meant to be him celebrating 'relegating' them as revenge for the play-off defeat, but that completely ignores the fact that Trézéguet wasn't even with us then and probably couldn't care less if they're relegated or not. Also doesn't take into account that that defeat ended up being a blessing in disguise.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

The furore over his gun to the head celebration is just people with nothing better to do trying to find something to be upset about. Nobody knows what his intention was, but I’d wager my house on it not being some kind of incitement for people to shoot themselves. I mean, why would he decide to push that message after scoring a goal for a professional football club, in front of millions of viewers? It’s ridiculous, and I’m glad I’m not on social media to read it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The furore [INSERT LITERALLY MOST THINGS HERE] is just people with nothing better to do trying to find something to be upset about.

we just described modern society!!!! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â