Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So if we got another winger in and had to let one go who would you want it to be, Trez or El Ghazi. 

It’s a tricky one. I love Trez’s work rare and he brings a lot to the team. But El Ghazi is the better player and edges it for me. In time I think both of them will struggle to get in to the team so shows we are moving in the right direction. 

I'd let go El Ghazi. 

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So if we got another winger in and had to let one go who would you want it to be, Trez or El Ghazi. 

It’s a tricky one. I love Trez’s work rare and he brings a lot to the team. But El Ghazi is the better player and edges it for me. In time I think both of them will struggle to get in to the team so shows we are moving in the right direction. 

It's tough because El Ghazi is definitely the better player overall, but Trez is much more consistent. AEG is in great form right now and I hope he can keep it up, but I couldn't see myself keeping him ahead of Trez. His tenacity was crucial in our survival last season.

I've completely forgot about Trez but he really would've been perfect for tonight. Just having him back as well will be a huge boost for us to have another option from the bench or starting. 

• Like 1

Last two games both Chelsea and Man Utd have had most of their attacking joy down our right side. Cash has done his best but Traore didn't track back enough or when he did his awareness was lacking. 

I think certainly against the better sides Trez for me is the better option due to his work rate and willingness to track back. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Last two games both Chelsea and Man Utd have had most of their attacking joy down our right side. Cash has done his best but Traore didn't track back enough or when he did his awareness was lacking. 

I think certainly against the better sides Trez for me is the better option due to his work rate and willingness to track back. 

He's like our Park Ji Sung, Darren Fletcher, Dirk Kuyt,  in the big games he closes off an avenue does a job.  He has a knack for defending.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, AVTuco said:

When's he expected back?

Hopefully soon.

It's funny seeing more and more people wanting this guy back.

You don't know the value of what you have until you lose it.

Just like Ollie. Trez is vitally important in us defending from the front. I would even use Trez against the little sides and bring on Traore as an impact sub in the last 20 minutes.

Edited by villalad21

On 02/01/2021 at 21:35, Sulberto21 said:

He's like our Park Ji Sung, Darren Fletcher, Dirk Kuyt,  in the big games he closes off an avenue does a job.  He has a knack for defending.

Some would say keeper Ghazi because we dont need defending up front but that's not entirely true. I for one would rather keep Trez because he is a decent defender on the right and it's exactly that which helps us to be much more tougher for teams to break down that side. I think Trez is a more all round player than Ghazi but Ghazi for a couple of games has brought a couple of goals. I'd much rather we be more solid at defending all while we outscored opponents. 

If Ghazi cant keep his new flow of energy along with performances and scoring up till the end of the season, I'd let Ghazi go anyway.

On 04/01/2021 at 13:03, villa89 said:

What's the injury? Long Covid?

You may be joking, but I think this is what it is and why there is no news about it. They have no idea when he's due to be back, and they're not legally allowed to confirm this is the issue. 

Could just be villa and their usual lack of comms regarding injured players though

in English (google translation):

"After being hit in the head with 6 stitches, I was exposed to a tear and a hindquarters after some missed for a month, then after rehabilitation and the beginning of the collective return, I was infected with the Coronavirus.

Praise be to God for everything, and may God heal every patient. For exercises, God forbid, he did."

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

Â