Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

43 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I thought Traore was good. His corners and free kicks are excellent, particularly corners. He wasn’t great, just good, but I wouldn’t say any player was poor in the Chelsea game.

I don't judge wingers on free kicks and corners

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

As long as we're getting results he can do what he wants 

To an extent yes, but the same 11 used incessantly, and only changed for injuries/ suspensions,  is a recipe for a team that will be f*#ked come March. Making subs, at 60-70 minutes,  rather than at 80, is something he needs to add to his repertoire.  He obviously isn't confident that it won't totally shaft a good performance,  and he may be right.

Early days in our revitalisation,  so he's got plenty of leeway at the moment.  it's the only obvious thing that I'm slightly concerned about though. When Trez and Barkley are fit again, maybe we'll see it happening more anyway. 

So apparently Galatasaray want to loan him for the rest of the season. Don't see that happening now that we finally have solidly performing rotation options out wide and him being one of them. :D 

Unless we have someone incoming at that position, but nah.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

So apparently Galatasaray want to loan him for the rest of the season. Don't see that happening now that we finally have solidly performing rotation options out wide and him being one of them. :D 

Line Up Smile GIF by Bundesliga

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So if we got another winger in and had to let one go who would you want it to be, Trez or El Ghazi. 

It’s a tricky one. I love Trez’s work rare and he brings a lot to the team. But El Ghazi is the better player and edges it for me. In time I think both of them will struggle to get in to the team so shows we are moving in the right direction. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So if we got another winger in and had to let one go who would you want it to be, Trez or El Ghazi. 

It’s a tricky one. I love Trez’s work rare and he brings a lot to the team. But El Ghazi is the better player and edges it for me. In time I think both of them will struggle to get in to the team so shows we are moving in the right direction. 

Option C, don't get another winger in. Both of them have worked hard and earnt their places in the side. They will still have a few stinkers, but I'd have no interest in replacing either, certainly not in January anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For me it's Trez that goes, no contest. He has a great work ethic and a knack for getting into scoring positions. But that's it. El Ghazi offers more and has more quality.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would be surprised if we opted to settle with what we have this summer, Trez is the one for me to move on. 

Standing still is the old Villa, the next windows will bring superstars and the chance to build a squad of 25 genuine starters.

Being able to rotate is a luxury we must have.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Option C, don't get another winger in. Both of them have worked hard and earnt their places in the side. They will still have a few stinkers, but I'd have no interest in replacing either, certainly not in January anyway. 

Depends on the ambition for this season to be honest. I wouldn’t have a problem with us not signing another winger in January. But I also wouldn’t be against us signing one!

7 hours ago, sne said:

Hopefully we've got to the stage where it's a case of making teams pay full wages and a loan fee.   So sick of the years of loaning players out for a fraction of their wages just to desperately make whatever savings we can. 

I’m not sure why we’re so eager to push people out the door.

He was playing really well, a big part of why we are where we are, gets injured, AEG does well in covering, and all of a sudden Trez is surplus to requirements?

Why is the grass always greener elsewhere with our fans? Maybe we should go spunk £70m on a Nicolas Pepe?

We have players performing. 4 weeks ago AEG ‘wasn’t fit to wear the shirt’ and now he’s the best winger in the league!

We have players that are performing, a good mood across the squad, we’re competing at the top end of the league.. and people are looking to other teams players with a green eye?

All the players are improving, let’s see where their ceiling is shall we? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Thug said:

I’m not sure why we’re so eager to push people out the door.

He was playing really well, a big part of why we are where we are, gets injured, AEG does well in covering, and all of a sudden Trez is surplus to requirements?

Why is the grass always greener elsewhere with our fans? Maybe we should go spunk £70m on a Nicolas Pepe?

We have players performing. 4 weeks ago AEG ‘wasn’t fit to wear the shirt’ and now he’s the best winger in the league!

We have players that are performing, a good mood across the squad, we’re competing at the top end of the league.. and people are looking to other teams players with a green eye?

All the players are improving, let’s see where their ceiling is shall we? 

Exactly

2 months ago El Ghazi was shit and Traore was a flop. Now they're good and Trez suddenly needs to be sold. He's been good for most of the season. We finally have competition.

I'm not averse to another body coming in, but no need to offload any of our attackers yet. 

• Like 1

We have Jack, Anwar, Ross, Trez and Traore competing for 3 spots behind Ollie. The only thing keeping any of them out of the team are injuries and not being Jack Grealish. They're all on form. That's a wonderful thing. I wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I would be surprised if we opted to settle with what we have this summer, Trez is the one for me to move on. 

Standing still is the old Villa, the next windows will bring superstars and the chance to build a squad of 25 genuine starters.

Being able to rotate is a luxury we must have.

Building on success might be a great idea over the next couple of windows, something we haven't tried before.

Some of our players have to make way for better players at some point.

Â