Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

On 07/01/2021 at 18:27, barry'sboots said:

Mings clearly let Bamford and Zaha get into his head.

I think, if we got a big offer from a Man U or similar i.e. £40m - £50m, I would definitely sell Mings and re-invest, knowing that Hause, from what we have seen over the past month, is a more than adequate immediate replacement.

As much as I like Hause, his distribution is nowhere near that of Mings and we suffer going forward when it’s hause and konsa.

Mings is a hugely important player to the way to play and are set up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WooJung said:

We might go slightly off topic here but I find it worth addressing that seeing a psychotherapist does not imply mental frailty. There can be countless reasons for that, one of which could be to better understand yourself and learning how to better face adversities. It could be because they have a difficult relationship with a loved one, and a therapist can help you gain perspective on your struggles with that given person. 

If anything there are many "mentally frail" persons who do not see a therapist as a form of denial that they might have issues they need help with. If anything, being so open about seeing a therapist may indeed suggest mental strength.

I don't disagree with what you say, but this wasn't my only basis for what I said.  We have seen several times that Mings can be subject to a rush of blood during games (in a way that I don't see Konsa ever doing) and, in the cases of Bamford and Zaha this season, can be susceptible to players winding him up that leads to him making errors.

I still rate Mings BUT have said that, if a big bid were to come in - and as an England international that is possible - and given his age I would consider selling and re-investing.  By big I mean £50m plus (a distinct possibility given the valuations on the likes of Maguire and Tarkowski).

It depends upon ffp and budgets etc., but if that then enabled the acquisition of, say, the strong young french centre back that we have been linked with (or similar target that Lange had identified) with Hause stepping up and gave us an additional £25m of left over funds that helped (in addition to what we already have earmarked plus a couple of other potential sales) support the acquisition of, say, David Brooks and Edouard, a couple of strong back up midfielders and a new left back then I would consider it.  Leicester have done this with the sales of Maguire and Chilwell - generated funds and re-invested in young talent and improved.  I wouldn't, however, want to consider this with Luiz, McGinn or Jack.

28 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't disagree with what you say, but this wasn't my only basis for what I said.  We have seen several times that Mings can be subject to a rush of blood during games (in a way that I don't see Konsa ever doing) and, in the cases of Bamford and Zaha this season, can be susceptible to players winding him up that leads to him making errors.

I still rate Mings BUT have said that, if a big bid were to come in - and as an England international that is possible - and given his age I would consider selling and re-investing.  By big I mean £50m plus (a distinct possibility given the valuations on the likes of Maguire and Tarkowski).

It depends upon ffp and budgets etc., but if that then enabled the acquisition of, say, the strong young french centre back that we have been linked with (or similar target that Lange had identified) with Hause stepping up and gave us an additional £25m of left over funds that helped (in addition to what we already have earmarked plus a couple of other potential sales) support the acquisition of, say, David Brooks and Edouard, a couple of strong back up midfielders and a new left back then I would consider it.  Leicester have done this with the sales of Maguire and Chilwell - generated funds and re-invested in young talent and improved.  I wouldn't, however, want to consider this with Luiz, McGinn or Jack.

Been playing football manager much during lockdown ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lexicon said:

I've posted this a few times before, but at the end of the day, they're a pairing. I don't think Konsa would be as good without someone of Mings' skillset next to him and vice-versa - Konsa is always going to look like the better player because he's the more technical one, but he needs a big physical bruiser next to him. Both jobs are equally important IMO. 

Agree on the whole but on the technical note I do think it's a side of Konsa's game I think we all expected to see more of, he was primarily identified as a ball playing defender at Brentford but as he's kicked on for us he's mostly established himself as being solid at the basics while most of the responsibility for playing proactively from the back seems to have been placed on Mings. It's another reason why the partnership has worked so well but probably also why it's easier for Konsa to look good as his role is a simpler one.

• Like 4

Have to be honest I did not expect to come into this thread and see somebody suggest we sell him. 

I guess this lockdown is affecting people in all sorts of weird and wonderful ways. 

Edit - I see now that it's Mings they are suggesting we sell. Point stands. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

On 20/01/2021 at 21:46, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

In the 1st half, the 2 commentators were debating whether or not Stones was the best English CD atm......Konsa is a far better defender.

Well the commentators dont know Konsa, that Van Dijk dribbling stat was brought out twice a game to wank over yet hasn't been mentioned once sbout Konsa. 

You know what im happy about that, he is going under the media radar and playing great stuff

• Like 2

On 20/01/2021 at 15:42, Villarocker said:

No doubt in my mind that Ezri is now the best centre back at the club and will be playing for England by the end of this season. 

The first part yes. The second - he should be, but I doubt Southgate will see that. Next season I’d guess when Southgate is likely gone.

He's been immense.  So composed, and considering his age he's only going to get better and better.  He definitely should be in the England squad, as should Targett, but you know.....Southgate.

• Like 3

so........where is a new contract for him?, tbh we need to tie him down to a new 5 years deal.

transfermarkt states his contract expires in 2023 (2.5 years), but also says we have a 1 year option?, hope we do.

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so........where is a new contract for him?, tbh we need to tie him down to a new 5 years deal.

transfermarkt states his contract expires in 2023 (2.5 years), but also says we have a 1 year option?, hope we do.

We desperately need to put a new contract in front of him he's on a very low wage and I see him playing for us for a very long time. He deserves some recognition he's developed massively.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

People talking out selling players, we don't need the money!

Ezri Konsa is class, so composed defending and in possession of the ball.

Unfortunately we are still in the Learner year’s mentality wish. We ain’t that now with these guys in charge but it’s going to be a while before people believe fully. It is understandable though, after what we’ve put up with.

Â