Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

Konsa has been a bit shaky tonight.

Not directed at you

Seems no one wants to mention his pass to soucek on the edge of the area or his playing onside of Antonio for a near 3rd and for Souceks second (although Targett did that as well). If mings had done those things he'd be getting slaughtered but the golden boy is a rolls Royce. 

Don't get me wrong he is a great player and I really like him. But it pisses me off when people on here turn a blind eye to all his mistakes then shit on mings. 

Was convinced he was going to get sent off, firstly for the saka challenge and then for the lacazette tackle

The saka challenge that got him his yellow I'll need to see again, I thought both of them were hands all over each other 50/50 so play on good contest, then konsa in a piece of good defending steps across the line of the ball making it his, saka then contacts him... It should have been our free kick... 

Today was another 8/10 "normal" game for him 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he was technically last man though 40 yards or so to goal and Luiz got a red for similar contact other day

Have you even watched the clip? Saka literally kicks Ezri's legs out and then Ezri got booked for it. Not even comparable to David Luiz's foul.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Have you even watched the clip? Saka literally kicks Ezri's legs out and then Ezri got booked for it. Not even comparable to David Luiz's foul.

I have seen it but with the shitty VAR refs these days it could easily have been given as a red card. Its never a red card for me but you can never be sure these days

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have seen it but with the shitty VAR refs these days it could easily have been given as a red card. Its never a red card for me but you can never be sure these days

Refs in general are of an atrocious standard these days aren't they? For me it's not a free either way. It's two players tussling for the ball. They are both focused on the ball and there is a coming together.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The best possible way to describe him. I think that it is just his height that sends him under the radar

Rio is 1.89m and Ezri is 1.83m. If 6cm makes that much of a difference, then I've been lied to my whole life

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Refs in general are of an atrocious standard these days aren't they? For me it's not a free either way. It's two players tussling for the ball. They are both focused on the ball and there is a coming together.

was an incident after he took down Lacazette on the edge of the box, pretty nothing challenge but I thought ref was going to give a 2nd yellow card because you know its shitty refereeing

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Can you actually believe he got booked for this ? 

I'm surprised he wasn't given a red. The refereeing this season has been poor. Jacks been kicked pillar to post. In fact he got headbutted and was given a yellow.

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was an incident after he took down Lacazette on the edge of the box, pretty nothing challenge but I thought ref was going to give a 2nd yellow card because you know its shitty refereeing

Yep. I thought that too. It’s crazy. These people are meant to be the level-headed, reasoned ones in amongst all the chaos of football match but they just add to it. 

On 06/02/2021 at 21:09, Sulberto21 said:

I'm surprised he wasn't given a red. The refereeing this season has been poor. Jacks been kicked pillar to post. In fact he got headbutted and was given a yellow.

I am, genuinely amazed. Actually, in shock that anyone could think this is a foul by konsa. He is strong, quick and puts his body in between saka and the ball and as he does this, saka kicks him in the back of the calf. The fact he gets his body in between himself and saka is they key. It's brilliant defending and he got booked for it.

If VAR had had to have looked at this and gave a red, then I would've stopped watching the game for the rest of my life. Could VAR have intervened and told the ref 'this is a foul on konsa rather than the other way round' or would they check for a sending off, see it's a clear, clear error from the ref but leave the decision to stand and the booking to stand?

• Like 1

Â