Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

My genuine concern since VVD got injured is that Liverpool came in for Konsa. I think he is a seriously outstanding young defender.

With Matip out now too it's a genuine concern. I'd back Konsa to stay though to be honest if they came for him in Jan.

If we win on Friday it wouldn't surprise me to see a few of our players that aren't Jack suddenly start attracting January bids. If only to try and unravel us a bit. Konsa and Luiz would be the best guesses with Jack, Ty and McGinn signing contracts and the other key players all new. 

If we can get him a contract in the next 10 days that would be great. Then we can concentrate on chucking some cash at City for Luiz

I’m maybe being naive but I don’t think Konsa would want to leave Villa any time soon. He’s teamed up with Smith again and found his best form. Smith clearly knows how to get the best from him and Villa are on the up. He’d be mad to jump ship so soon after joining us. 

• Like 1

Might been because Mings wasn't playing but I felt that Konsa was a bit more pointy and shouty and took charge of the defense. Really like that (as long as you also do the job you are supposed to do, and he did) and it's something that's an important part of his development.

The rate he's improved in the last 6 months is just fantastic.

31 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He was limping at the end of the match yesterday. Did he get injured or was it just a temp. knock? 

I noticed that too ...it was literally with about 30 seconds to go - so no idea how serious it was/is 

On 29/12/2020 at 08:03, HalfTimePost said:

With Matip out now too it's a genuine concern. I'd back Konsa to stay though to be honest if they came for him in Jan.

If we win on Friday it wouldn't surprise me to see a few of our players that aren't Jack suddenly start attracting January bids. If only to try and unravel us a bit. Konsa and Luiz would be the best guesses with Jack, Ty and McGinn signing contracts and the other key players all new. 

If we can get him a contract in the next 10 days that would be great. Then we can concentrate on chucking some cash at City for Luiz

Why do we need to chuck money at City for Luiz?

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Why do we need to chuck money at City for Luiz?

Sorry, should've elaborated, to buy out the buyback clause from his contract. If they were to buy him back it could be to either keep him - or as we were worried about last season (and tbf much less likely now we are actually good) - or they could buy him cheaply from us to sell on for profit. We'd be better off just buying the clause out. 

• Thanks 1

On 03/01/2021 at 00:22, villan-scott said:

😍

That's a great stat - he's getting better and better. 

Again though, I think this is a reflection of the overall partnership he has with Mings and how important that is, as well as the settled spine of the team we now have. 

On 28/12/2020 at 21:37, It's Your Round said:

I’m maybe being naive but I don’t think Konsa would want to leave Villa any time soon. He’s teamed up with Smith again and found his best form. Smith clearly knows how to get the best from him and Villa are on the up. He’d be mad to jump ship so soon after joining us. 

I think the same about John McGinn. I know money talks but he seems to be loving it at Villa. I'm not too afraid of any bids coming in as long as we mantain our current trajectory. I think the club will be looking to make some big signings which will leave the players in no doubt where we want to be going. 

• Like 2

Â