Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Great stat but I bet the commentators wont wheel it out every game like Van Dijk was top

I loved the stat that every Liverpool fan clung to, which became a semi-legend, that Van Dijk had never been dribbled past in the whole of the 2019-20 season.  

Then someone wheeled out the actual stats and he was like 6th lol. 

So glad that Ezri is flying under the radar of the big clubs because he would solve a heck of a lot of problems at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd with the issues they have at the back. 

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Alongside Fofana at Leicester, i think this kid will be one of the best CHs in the Prem in 3/4 years time.

I would'nt sell him for £40m now, let alone when he develops into an even better defender.

I agree.  He really is a class act and, to quote the often used phrase, a Rolls Royce defender.  Great defensively, but so composed on the ball as well.  He is definitely the pick of our CBs.

The more interesting question is: who do you pair him with?  Mings was a fairly established partner and, obviously, has made the England side, but the Bamford and Zaha incidents, not to mention Mings own confessions that he needs to speak to his psychiatrist (or similar)/mental coach before he goes out every game, demonstrates a bit of mental frailty and that players can get inside his head at times.  I don't think Hause suffers from this but he is probably not as good a ball player as Mings.  If we had someone come in with a big bid for Tyrone, I would probably take it and promote Hause with money spent on the next Konsa and in other areas.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2021 at 21:07, barry'sboots said:

I agree.  He really is a class act and, to quote the often used phrase, a Rolls Royce defender.  Great defensively, but so composed on the ball as well.  He is definitely the pick of our CBs.

The more interesting question is: who do you pair him with?  Mings was a fairly established partner and, obviously, has made the England side, but the Bamford and Zaha incidents, not to mention Mings own confessions that he needs to speak to his psychiatrist (or similar)/mental coach before he goes out every game, demonstrates a bit of mental frailty and that players can get inside his head at times.  I don't think Hause suffers from this but he is probably not as good a ball player as Mings.  If we had someone come in with a big bid for Tyrone, I would probably take it and promote Hause with money spent on the next Konsa and in other areas.

I think at the moment Konsa and Mings except the Brighton goal have had a solid season together. One brainfart combined in about 14 games I think is a good understanding and is the rightful partnership going forward. I would keep them together for another 12-16 months or so but in the meantime sign a long term younger partner for Konsa for the future who we can blood.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2021 at 22:37, Zatman said:

I think at the moment Konsa and Mings except the Brighton goal have had a solid season together. One brainfart combined in about 14 games I think is a good understanding and is the rightful partnership going forward. I would keep them together for another 12-16 months or so but in the meantime sign a long term younger partner for Konsa for the future who we can blood.

Mings clearly let Bamford and Zaha get into his head.

I think, if we got a big offer from a Man U or similar i.e. £40m - £50m, I would definitely sell Mings and re-invest, knowing that Hause, from what we have seen over the past month, is a more than adequate immediate replacement.

When VVD was getting this and Liverpool fans were creaming themselves I thought it was a guff stat but now that its konsa... 

Out of the top 5 leagues and having played more than 10 games this season konsa is the only defender not to have been dribbled past

Going to be a great player for us for a number of years to come.

Mings has one more chance for me to not get wound up by a defender, but if it happens again then for me it is a weakness that will never go away. It still makes him a totally capable defender, and I would still rather have him in the team than Hause, even for that 1 in 7 games blip that he has in him. Mings also brings a lot to the team on the pitch when he hasn't lost his cool, and a lot to the club off the pitch. 

Compared to Konsa who is younger, but relatively more experienced in game time, and seems to be ice cool in keeping his head. I currently rate Konsa as the better and more valuable centre back.

Thats all being very critical of Mings, as I do think we have a great centre back pairing that can get even better as Konsa matures with age and if Mings can get his extreme reactions under control.

On 07/01/2021 at 18:27, barry'sboots said:

Mings clearly let Bamford and Zaha get into his head.

I think, if we got a big offer from a Man U or similar i.e. £40m - £50m, I would definitely sell Mings and re-invest, knowing that Hause, from what we have seen over the past month, is a more than adequate immediate replacement.

Our starting defence has been fantastic this season, we’d be mad to sell any of them. Strengthen further yes in case of injury or to provide competition but keep them all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

How much is Ezri Konsa worth now?

One thing about him is how calm he is when defending, I hope he is at Villa for many more years.

Using my Slabhead Maguire maths calculator. £145.9 million pounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WooJung said:

We might go slightly off topic here but I find it worth addressing that seeing a psychotherapist does not imply mental frailty. There can be countless reasons for that, one of which could be to better understand yourself and learning how to better face adversities. It could be because they have a difficult relationship with a loved one, and a therapist can help you gain perspective on your struggles with that given person. 

If anything there are many "mentally frail" persons who do not see a therapist as a form of denial that they might have issues they need help with. If anything, being so open about seeing a therapist may indeed suggest mental strength.

Yes agree but also think everyone can benefit from mental coaching. Training your mind should be considered no different from training your body. Simple example, how you react to losing possession of the ball. Have a quick mope or go and get it back again? It's surprising how many professional footballers will simply give up if it's not going their way. A negative attitude can be like poison and spread within youself and others around you. Some players are naturally mentally strong I think, like McGinn and Martinez where it reflects in their style of play. Some players have it naturally and others need to work on it. 

Edited by birdman

Â