Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

On 12/11/2020 at 13:16, Villaphan04 said:

pretty sure I saw that he was in the top 5 "most fouled" players in the PL with Jack

Yeah konsa has currently won more free kicks per game this season than Zaha. He is at 3 a game right now. Mainly because iheanacho fouled him 5 times I think against Leicester.

Edit:5 not 7

Edited by MotoMkali

I know going for Mings will be the done thing here and I don't want to get on anyone's back in particular as I think the first goal is more so the fault of the whole defensive like but...what is Konsa playing at for it? It was similar to one of the goals in the Southampton game where despite being the right sided centre back he finds himself within touching distance of Mings on the other side and leaving an enormous gap/no cover. It happens worryingly often andsurely needs addressing quickly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

I know going for Mings will be the done thing here and I don't want to get on anyone's back in particular as I think the first goal is more so the fault of the whole defensive like but...what is Konsa playing at for it? It was similar to one of the goals in the Southampton game where despite being the right sided centre back he finds himself within touching distance of Mings on the other side and leaving an enormous gap/no cover. It happens worryingly often andsurely needs addressing quickly

Absolutely agree. I love Konsa to bits, but criticism where it is due. It's pub-team level defending from both, everybody go for the ball, never mind defensive shape. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Absolutely agree. I love Konsa to bits, but criticism where it is due. It's pub-team level defending from both, everybody go for the ball, never mind defensive shape. 

Yep, it's definitely more indicative that how we were set up was ridiculous, but I just had to point that out about Konsa in particular because it's especially poor and not the first time I've seen him do it. Even if our line is that high, if he's positioned where he's meant to be there's an at least slight possibility he can cover that ball in behind but it is what it is. Hopefully this is a learning curve because that sort of reckless defending is the exact opposite of the foundations that have given us success in other games this season. 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 00:30, Indigo said:

Yep, it's definitely more indicative that how we were set up was ridiculous, but I just had to point that out about Konsa in particular because it's especially poor and not the first time I've seen him do it. Even if our line is that high, if he's positioned where he's meant to be there's an at least slight possibility he can cover that ball in behind but it is what it is. Hopefully this is a learning curve because that sort of reckless defending is the exact opposite of the foundations that have given us success in other games this season. 

well said.

• 3 weeks later...

Ezri played very well today. Dunno what he was playing at with his little Maradona tribute that nearly handed them a goal, and he was foolish to square up to Adama when he was already on a yellow, but was excellent overall. What a player this man could turn out to be in five years.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really don't think is he anywhere that. He's doing good for us but a way to go yet.

Don't get me wrong I don't want him in the squad tbh. I want him working with a good manager in international breaks, not a shite one.

But the last squad's centre halves were Dier, Maguire, Keane, Mings and Coady.

He's better than all them for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Don't get me wrong I don't want him in the squad tbh. I want him working with a good manager in international breaks, not a shite one.

But the last squad's centre halves were Dier, Maguire, Keane, Mings and Coady.

He's better than all them for me.

Fully agree. I consider him to be our best defender, and if Mings is starting for England then Konsa is capable too.

I might have my claret and blue specs on, but I see him becoming England's best defender in just a few year's time.

13 hours ago, Villarocker said:

For me, Ezri has been the best Villa defender this season. Hardly a mistake to mention and been a threat at the other end too. The Euros await. 

This is a good point: we were so impotent from set pieces last season: Kons gets about it in the opposition penalty area and can find a bit of space. Being known as a threat at set pieces is half the battle

Â