Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's a terrible song. Didn't Lukaku have a similar song, and wasn't he advised to come out and address it ?

Agree with this. It’s one of those songs which is probably funny when you’ve had a bit to drink on an away trip in Europe but in hindsight is a bit embarrassing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Agree with this. It’s one of those songs which is probably funny when you’ve had a bit to drink on an away trip in Europe but in hindsight is a bit embarrassing.

just heard it...jesus christ we have no class sometimes do we. i really hope that song stays in germany

• Like 3

It’s a proper shit chant that.

heard it for the first time at Charlton where it seems not only are the players having a preseason warm up but fans are trying out new songs. 

Fair play to them but it’s a hard no from me. Will not sing.

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I prefer not to speak. If I speak I am in big trouble.

I disagreed with you before, but I'm with you on this one. Terrible chant that should never gain any form of traction

• Like 1

For anyone interested in learning about the roots of the trope the below article from The New York Times is a worthwhile read. It has strong links back to the KKK 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/30/magazine/black-male-sexuality-last-taboo.html

LePage might have been channeling Griffith — or cockamamie pseudoscience like “The Negro as a Distinct Ethnic Factor in Civilization,” a 1903 article in which the Baltimore doctor William Lee Howard argued that integration was impossible, not simply because black people were savages but because they were savages who hungered to rape white women. “When education will reduce the large size of the Negro’s penis,” he surmised, “as well as bring about the sensitiveness of the terminal fibers which exist in the Caucasian, then will it also be able to prevent the African’s birthright to sexual madness and excess.”

It's not funny, and I really hope it doesn't catch on because not only is it offensive, it's cack. It will catch on though because some will find it funny, some won't know why it is offensive, some won't care and some will sing precisely because they know it is offensive. 

Â