Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

I'm looking forward to seeing more of his passing and him driving forward. The two halves I've seen him so far he has most of the times just made the simple safe pass to the other CB or to the RB. Perhaps he is just buliding up his confidence. He has looked solid and assured, but would like to see him pick out forward passes more. 

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Haha why not? 🙂 if he is fit I'd pair Chester with Mings as first choice at the beginning of the season. During the season I expect Konsa to take over that place.

Because Chester isn't good enough AND his long term fitness is highly questionable.

even his short term fitness is questionable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why would we play him at dm? He’s a cb.

He has all the attributes of a good DM and as someone else said he has played that position before. Mostly CDM at Charlton I think

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why would we play him at dm? He’s a cb.

Because that is our weakest position, by far, and he has played there before.

I agree I'd like to see him develop as a CB, but even with all the signings we've made, we still have a thin squad, and we'll need a few players to show versatility. Sometimes putting out your best 11 means playing 1 or 2 players out of position.

Even the top clubs have one or two utility players, and I see Konsa as having the all-round game to cover at DM. I've never bought into this "jack of all trades, master of none" idea. Do you think James Milner would have 2 Premier League medals and a Champions League medal if he'd dug his heels in about playing his preferred position every week?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Thought he'd played there for Brentford?

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He has all the attributes of a good DM and as someone else said he has played that position before. Mostly CDM at Charlton I think

Looking at transfermarkt which is usually reliable,he has played in nearly 140 games and had played dm 3 times. He played rb and cb more. 

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I agree I'd like to see him develop as a CB, but even with all the signings we've made, we still have a thin squad, and we'll need a few players to show versatility. Sometimes putting out your best 11 means playing 1 or 2 players out of position.

It looks like we are getting Luiz in to play that role. We’ll then have other midfielders as back up. 

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Even the top clubs have one or two utility players, and I see Konsa as having the all-round game to cover at DM. I've never bought into this "jack of all trades, master of none" idea. Do you think James Milner would have 2 Premier League medals and a Champions League medal if he'd dug his heels in about playing his preferred position every week?

Steve?

• Haha 4

Â