Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Haven't watched him closely, but he reminds me in Tuanzebe, you see him a bit small, couldn't fill confident about him but somehow he does what he do. 

Tuanzebe used to do the job, but when you follow him you think he won't do it. Wether thats because they like to keep the ball or the lack of physical presence or whatever I'm not sure. Anyway I don't mind to start any of our 4 CB's, (ofcourse in a good way, as we wouldn't have choosing from our players because everyone was worse the others at times).

13 hours ago, Junxs said:

He had a 12m release clause, so wouldnt have mattered if we bought him this summer or next. Without that though Brentford would have been asking for 20m+ no doubt

If we hadn't have bought him now another club most certainly would have before next summer. Even strength in depth squad players have had silly price tags slapped on them.

Who could have predicted the enormous hike in prices this transfer window. It's caught out a number of Premier clubs without deep pockets. Fortunately we have especially wealthy and committed owners.

a season as backup to Mings/Engels will do him good, add to that working with better players, as well as DS/Terry, i think it will do him good.

I can see him being first choice for us at some point in the next year or two, depending on how others perform etc.

For now i see Mings and Engels as our starting pair, but watching Konsa i have no doubt the lad has a lot of ability, hopefully he will get a fair few sub appearances, and play in cup games etc?, maybe sometime we will even play a back 3 that he can slot in to?

I’d love us to be in a position where we could loan him out. I’m not convinced being a back up at this stage of his career is wise.

You look at Tomori and Tuanzebe last season, both were excellent for their loan clubs and will have benefitted massively. I’d much rather he play 46 games for Preston next season than 10 at Villa.

Obviously we need to sign another centre half for this to happen but this is what the top clubs do. 

That poorly judged tackle that led to a penalty will teach Ezri a lot.

It's better that it happened in a pre season friendly than a league match.

We knew we hadn't bought a finished product in Konsa, so with the help of an ever present John Terry he will be able to go to school on mistakes like that.

Looked at in this way, that silly tackle and resultant goal scored against us yesterday, will be a big positive as he progresses.

50 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

That poorly judged tackle that led to a penalty will teach Ezri a lot.

It's better that it happened in a pre season friendly than a league match.

We knew we hadn't bought a finished product in Konsa, so with the help of an ever present John Terry he will be able to go to school on mistakes like that.

Looked at in this way, that silly tackle and resultant goal scored against us yesterday, will be a big positive as he progresses.

Thank God he did it then. Perhaps we should get them all to do it in the next match if it's a sure fire way of making them better players

• Like 1

I don't really understand the turn this thread has taken, he played well yesterday. He looks assured, comfortable on the ball and he's much bigger in the flesh than he looks on tape. 

One misjudged tackle doesn't change my opinion of him. I think it's a straight shootout between him and Engels for the starting birth, with Hause having an outside shot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Have you never heard of a saying "you learn from your mistakes"?

Sure - I just don't see his error yesterday as a turning point. It will be what he does over a period of time that makes or breaks him. 

Have to say I'm feeling a bit more confident now knowing that Engels had a good game and Konsa is likely the back up rather than starter. 

He's obviously got talent and is promising but I was a touch anxious at the thought of him against Kane in his first game in a new team just after a poor (for everyone) tournament with the national team. Hopefully this allows him to gradually prove himself and make the step up when he's ready and proven it. I'm excited to have him here and glad he's our player but happier that we aren't relying on him from the off.

Â