Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

49 minutes ago, Dale said:

That's the definition of pc. Political Correctness isn't a bad thing. 

Political Correctness is a large part of what is wrong, the idiocy i see every day from a "PC" agenda boggles the mind.

If we end up going down the road the Yanks are walking with PC we may as well shoot ourselves.

Edited by MaVilla

57 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Have you ever been to an England v Wales game or Villa vs Welsh opposition

Did you join in with the 'sheepshagger' chanting?

Yes I have and no I didn't

53 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Perhaps not but nevertheless, it's somewhat funny when people get offended on others' behalves.

Particularly if the person or group of people in question do not find it offensive.

The picture I posted earlier was a joke, but are you trying to sound like David Brent or is it a coincidence? :D 

On the bolded part, it's also funny when people decide what others should and shouldn't find offensive ;) 

But seriously, I'm not personally offended. Again all anyone has said is that the chant has racist undertones and probably shouldn't be sung.

• Like 1

This preseason has been absolutely blast for us.

Except for the racism that has surfaced, and the endless discussions it provokes. 

I don't need either. I want football. That's why I'm here.

Edited by AVTuco

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The irony is that the people who think they're being called KKK Grand Wizards for being asked to maybe not sing a chant with racist undertones are way more sensitive than the people they're telling to "stop being offended". You can't even say the word racism without people getting in their feelings.

Absolutely right. So easy to trigger a right-wing snowflake. Bunch of pussies.

Edit: getting back on track. The thing that interests me about Konsa is he comes from the same Senrab upbringing as Ugo Ehiogu and Jlloyd Samuel (RIP both), and John Terry, Sol Campbell, Ledley King.

So I could see JT being quite a big influence on him for some reason, with that shared understanding of where they both came from, and JT serving as a bit of inspiration in terms of what can be achieved (okay, trying to avoid bringing this chat back on to racism 🤞). Little things like that can make a difference early in your career.

I also like the fact that he's had experience as a midfielder early in career. A lot of the best ballplaying centre backs don't start out there, but settle there over time, because it takes a while for coaches to work out their best position. Mings is a good example, but also Kompany, Rio Ferdinand, etc. It suggests he has a more rounded game.

The problem with those kinds of players is they usually take longer to hit their peak. So I reckon Konsa will need an injury to Mings or Engels to get his chance. Otherwise I can't see DS rotating in such a key position, and, for the time being, Engels and Mings are clearly more consistent than him.

And I do still think that despite the signings of Luiz and Nakamba, there is still a chance of Konsa showing up in a 4-2-3-1 as a holding midfielder. Only takes one injury for that to become a realistic prospect IMO.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Do Ezri Konsa a favour guys and turn his thread back into a discussion about his football talents. He's a really good prospect.

He’s really good and I can’t wait to see how good he gets. With JT coaching him, he could genuinely be a future England CB.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I said it in a different thread, but mocking people who point out that something could be racist is a really strange way of reacting to the situation.

It's what those totally unaffected by and uninterested in racism say.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I feel a bit sorry for him so far, he hasn’t even played a minute of competitive football for us. Smith has stated that he thinks that Konsa can play for England and has bought him twice for Brentford and for us so clearly rates him. I’m sure that in the long term, he’ll be outstanding for us, maybe he’ll get a start in the cup game against Crewe

• Like 1

He is an investment and has been bought for the future. Everything I have heard says he has all the attributes but is someway off being a starter in the PL right now.

I am sure he was made fully aware when he signed and will be working hard with JT and the coaches to develop his in game intelligence.

Heard the "song" sung by a few pissed up lads walking around the back of The North Stand yesterday. 

I mean you can argue about the rights and wrongs of it all you like but at the end of the day it's a shit stong that doesn't even remotely scan.  I cannot understand how it's caught on even a little bit and I pray it never takes off mainstream. 

Soooooo I clicked on this thread out of intrigue for where this fella might be and didn’t expect to walk into this.

BUT ANYWAY, what about this fella? Must say I know nothing about him at all and obviously still don’t. Maybe he will get a run in against Crewe? Maybe with Nakamba and Targett?

Â