Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Same to you. Brentford fans are always insufferably nice :) Good club, hope you come up next season.

Imsuferably nice?, have you seen the way they talk to visiting supporters on their forum?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Superbees said:

Hi, firstly contratulations on your promotion. Konsa is a quality ball playing center back who will look to step forward and bring the ball out. He is still young though and has his lapses so expect a few mistakes along the way! Expect him to go on and become a top talent though. He should have played for england at the euros but players from more  "fashionable" clubs got in ahead of him. 

There are a few reasons most brentford fans arnt overly fussed about losing him which seems to have baffled some of you on here. Not too far in the past brentford fans were shaking buckets at every game collecting money to keep us afloat. Now benham has turned us around and we are financially sound, thanks to sales like these. 

We have built a repuation for bringing players in with the understanding that if the right set of circumstances come about we will let players move up the ladder. If we start denyinf players this pathway they might not come to us in the first place. 

Konsa although a brilliant prospect isnt really the kind of center back we need for this season where we look like we are going for it in our last season at griffin park. We have had always scored alot of goals since being in the championship but that has been undone with a soft underbelly and lack of experience and resilience. Replacing the young and silky Konsa with a tougher more experienced Jansson makes perfect sense to us and we are hoping it will make the world of difference(big profit is a bonus). Dont get me wrong i imagine if we hadnt signed Jansson or another center back we probably wouldnthave taken the news as well. 

Smith will be brave if he throws Konsa in at the deep end and doesnt have a plan B but he might take to the premier league like a duck to water. 

Goodluck with the season ahead, for what its worth i think youll be fine

Top post, goes to show football fans aren't all Yernited types

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superbees said:

Not quite the figures youre talking about but this seaaon appears to be that season. So far weve managed to keep the crown jewels Maupay, Watkins, Benrahma and Sawyers whilst adding some much needed steel in midfield and Jansson in defence. We are very comfortable in ffp terms and by our standards have spent a big chunk of money. I dont think we will piss the league, its very tough as you know but expect us to be right in the mix this year. 

Yeah I think you’ve got a very good chance, consistently underestimated due to how frequently players and managers change but never panicking or looking like going down. Other clubs would have sacked Frank after he had a slow start. With some luck, avoiding key injuries and no PL teams ballsing up their window (like Fulham last year) and doing all their business in the last few days of the window and throwing money at your stars, then yeah I think you’ll be right up there.

52 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Was talking to John Peacock earlier (England U17/20s coach who won the Euros and world cup). He said it's a great move for him. 

but I was rather hoping its was a great move for us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Imsuferably nice?, have you seen the way they talk to visiting supporters on their forum?

I dont doubt you, I have never been to their forums. I just have seen the ones who show up here seem to be a nice enough bunch. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

I don't really try to do player chants but this popped into my head. 

Tackle him, show him the line. 

We've got Konsa, Konsa, Konsa

Sung to tune of Quando, Quando, Quando. Needs a couple more lines

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

of sniff?😀😀

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Every football forum has its curmudgeons. ;)

Solid purchase imo, with konsa, Mings and possibly Luiz, our central defenders and DM will be better ball players than 50% of  premiership clubs forward line :P

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 05:04, Kiwivillan said:

Rock the Casbah by The Clash goes lovely with Ezri Konsa and is nice and basic for fans to chant.

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Rock the Casbah by The Clash goes lovely with Ezri Konsa and is nice and basic for fans to chant.

Strikers don’t like him; Ezri Konsa, Ezri Konsa

At Villa we love him; Ezri Konsa, Ezri Konsa

• Like 2

Â