Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

It cant be anymore moronic than F**k the Albion over and over again.

Yeah, I'm not gonna sing anything that I deem offensive or racist, but there are a lot of people out there who protest "this is bad or that is racist" but are quite happy to "Fu** the Albion" or call the referee a "wan***". 

13 minutes ago, turvontour said:

That is another really annoying chant that I wish would just die. Along with "You're fuc*ng shi*" on repeat. Really hate it. It's so dumb. 

14 minutes ago, turvontour said:

**** the albion, shit on the city, we all hate blue scum etc are neither funny nor clever, but they're not meant to be...they're just chants aimed to our rivals and are part and parcel of the modern game. the konsa chant carries a racial undertone and many are rightly working hard to eliminate these from the game.

so, i couldnt disagree with you more, it's 100x more moronic than **** the albion

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bloody hell you guys are a barrel of laughs ain’t ya.

Perhaps we should all be doing a synchronised rendition of Beethoven’s 7th symphony for 90 minutes..........

This is an easy response to make, but is it actually funny singing about black guys having big dicks? Where's the actual humour? What's the point?

• Like 3

Konsa is another player I’m really excited by, he seems assured on the ball, good dribbling and passing skills and seems strong and fairly quick (although not mega fast from what I’ve seen). All round can’t wait for him to mature into a very good footballer.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Or, you know, stick to chants that don't have racist undertones. 

Racism just isn't very interesting to white people. More often than not they find it irritating because they get accused of doing something wrong, which they only think of as fun and in any case, they did it without meaning to offend, so what's your problem?

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 2

Everyone knows that you can only make reference to the size of someone's penis if you have seen it yourself.

So, I will be continuing to sing this song.

Spoiler

I've never even heard the song

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Racism just isn't very interesting to white people. More often than not they find it irritating because they get accused of doing something wrong, which they only think of as fun and in any case, they did it without meaning to offend, so what's your problem?

Much like the Abraham chant last season, I don't think anyone is saying that people chanting this are being deliberately racist.

Just that it's a chant that has clear racist undertones even if it's not intentional, and it's probably a good idea if we all move on and leave the chant behind.

Being told to cheer up because you point this out isn't exactly the best solution.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Much like the Abraham chant last season, I don't think anyone is saying that people chanting this are being deliberately racist.

Just that it's a chant that has clear racist undertones even if it's not intentional, and it's probably a good idea if we all move on and leave the chant behind.

Being told to cheer up because you point this out isn't exactly the best solution.

Exactly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

of course they didn't mean to offend. no one is implying that. but it has racial undertones as previously mentioned.

but lets just wait until the holte starts singing it, and we are lambasted for it by the national media...we'll see if we're just being snowflakes or not

or we could just think up a better song for him which, even in spite of the steriotype contained in it, is really **** shite

In my opinion the rest of the chant is stupid let alone the ending with the racial undertone.

Why would we randomly sing about one of our players drinking vodka and jager? There's not even any reason for any of this chant. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

In my opinion the rest of the chant is stupid let alone the ending with the racial undertone.

Why would we randomly sing about one of our players drinking vodka and jager? There's not even any reason for any of this chant. 

I agree, it's just stupid, as if Ezri Konsa is getting hammered on vodka and jager. 

Football is a family sport and VP is generally well behaved family day out. Away days in Leipzig I appreciate are not family affairs, I hope it's a case of what goes on tour stays on tour.

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

The only way the chant would even work is if it was common knowledge that he loved to party aka McCormack AND if it was common knowledge he had a massive dick aka if he'd gone full Ashley Young. Without those 2 factors the whole thing just doesn't make sense. 

Someone referenced the Terry song above but it's not the same really, it's pretty common knowledge that Terry screwed around with a teammates Mrs (was he also married at the time as well?) and the chant is poking fun at that common knowledge. The Konsa one seems to be based on absolutely nothing 

Â