Tom Heaton

midian

7 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Didnt Reina say he wasnt going to stick around after the end of this season?

He's welcome to, but so long as he doesn't destroy a match by thinking he's better than the rest of the squad. 

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would like to see Steer get a run of games though, for what he gave us in the run in last season he deserves it. If he isn't quite good enough then Heaton will likely be fit by that time aswell.

I agree with the above. Jed's our number two and he should get the first few games (assuming he's fit), if necessary. Heaton is first choice and hopefully it won't be too long until he's available again. PhysioRoom show 29/8/21 as his potential return date (link below). Pepe has done what he was brought in to do and has played a big part in our last few games, but he isn't a number two, or is unlikely to be satisfied with being one for us. If our top two are still going to be real doubts in September (hopefully not), then we will need to look again at Pepe or bringing in someone else, possibly short term. 

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php    

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

We can't rely on him. That kind of injury, at his age, who knows if physically he'll be able to get back to the standard he was beforehand.

Agreed. Unfortunately I think we need to buy a new first choice keeper and let Heaton prove his fitness after an injury like that. Which worries me as our record of buying keepers is pretty dire. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Don't remember seeing heaton at the celebrations after our draw at WH?

Especially strange as wesley was there, for example.

I saw a photo after the game showing Heaton on FaceTime on Grealish’s iPhone so he wasn’t at the ground, you’re right.

• Like 1

i think he's a brilliant goalkeeper, and exactly what we needed (if he could stay fit).

Im torn between not buying a new keeper and giving Heaton a chance to not be injured, but also im concerned that in the last 3 years he has been absent for 370+ days in total, so its a bit concerning if he cant avoid injury next season.

I think i would buy another GK to challenge him, not because i dont think he is good enough to be our no1, but becuase im not confident he will stay injury free, and not having another quality GK might leave us in the doo doo.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

Quite sad that we are without a recognized and fit first keeper, as Villa have been a regular keeper warehouse these later seasons.

Heaton will be available for the new season , Nyland and steer are ok as back ups . 

On 28/07/2020 at 23:53, Gompedyret said:

Quite sad that we are without a recognized and fit first keeper, as Villa have been a regular keeper warehouse these later seasons.

Gollini, Johnstone, Nyland, Heaton, Kalinic, Reina all signed since 2016 plus Steer and Bunn have started games

We are the Watford of goalkeeping 

On 27/07/2020 at 07:39, blunther said:

Which worries me as our record of buying keepers is pretty dire. 

Quality wise yes, but you can’t knock us on quantity, we must have about a dozen knocking about.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we’d built a separate dressing room at BMH just for goalkeepers 

• Haha 2

On 30/07/2020 at 07:05, Zatman said:

Gollini, Johnstone, Nyland, Heaton, Kalinic, Reina all signed since 2016 plus Steer and Bunn have started games

Don’t forget Moreira! Who? Yeah that guy, whoever he was. 

52 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Don’t forget Moreira! Who? Yeah that guy, whoever he was. 

Saved a penalty in his first and only game. We made a lot of signings in the Championship just because we could :lol:

On 30/07/2020 at 07:05, Zatman said:

We have a stable number 1 now, it’s just a shame he’s out injured. In my opinion, he’s the best keeper we’ve had for a long time (just to clarify, I’m talking about Heaton)

On 28/07/2020 at 22:44, MaVilla said:

I think i would buy another GK to challenge him, not because i dont think he is good enough to be our no1, but becuase im not confident he will stay injury free, and not having another quality GK might leave us in the doo doo.

I agree and I would go all out to sign Nick Pope as our new No.1

Â