Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

My fingers and toes are crossed. I'm inclined to say no news is good news but if he has had a serious injury I can see the club wanting to keep it hidden until we've found a replacement.

I can easily see Brentford adding 10m to Maupay's asking price if they know we're desperate.

Big if. I'm sure he's fine. 🥺

Seen him hold his hamstring in a couple of matches so, after keeping it quiet so he could play and impress his new club, perhaps he’s finally admitted it’s more than ‘nothing’ and the club are resting him fully. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

If it was anything serious I doubt he'd have made that Instagram post saying he's warming up for the premier League, which he only posted yesterday

hope ur right bro.

Dean Smith gave an update after the game:

“Wesley played well on Wednesday and scored two goals.

“He also played 20 minutes against Kuwait in the week but suffered a small knock.

"It wasn’t worth the risk bringing him down today. He’s fine, though. He should be back training on Tuesday or Wednesday.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/07/27/smith-on-charlton-and-wesley

Apparently 'not a long-term injury concern' but stops short of saying he'll be in contention for the Leipzig game.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's a tough one by the sound of things. Broke his leg on Thursday, back in training on Wednesday.

Nails.

True, but some of our fans have it even tougher. Society demands Facebook likes, so many are still posting after their lobotomies.

If anyone’s following him on Instagram he’s actually responding to people and it’s pretty funny.

Misunderstood someone asking if his leg was broken and he said yeah, I was born with it 3cm shorter than the other 🤣

I’d imagine him replying won’t last long.

Tony Cascarino covering his bases :)

Tony Cascarino believes £22 million striker Wesley Moraes could take the Premier League by storm next season in the claret and blue of Aston Villa, while speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on talkSPORT (30 July, 9:00am).

The Premier League newcomers have spent over £100 million as part of a remarkable summer overhaul but only one of their new signings has cost more than the former Club Brugge striker Wesley.

Am I getting confused or muddled, but I thought Cascarino was slagging off the signing of Wesley a couple of weeks ago?

19 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Tony Cascarino covering his bases :)

Tony Cascarino believes £22 million striker Wesley Moraes could take the Premier League by storm next season in the claret and blue of Aston Villa, while speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on talkSPORT (30 July, 9:00am).

The Premier League newcomers have spent over £100 million as part of a remarkable summer overhaul but only one of their new signings has cost more than the former Club Brugge striker Wesley.

Am I getting confused or muddled, but I thought Cascarino was slagging off the signing of Wesley a couple of weeks ago?

Indeed. I can't believe people pay him for this tripe. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/18/tony-cascarino-comments-on-new-aston-villa-signing-wesley-moraes/

• Thanks 1

Â