Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

and hope your doubts about Wesley are wrong too. 

He passionate on the pitch, he's got a good awareness, strong as shit and can lay a ball off like a champ. 
He drops deep a lot,  which may not help him to get in position for a goal, but he's there for an assist.    

He seems to like playing as a false 9, but built like a traditional target man. If DS and the coaches work out which of these qualities are best for the team, he'll get some numbers. I'll predict 15 goals, via both scoring and assists combined. 

May not be ground breaking, but decent for a team just promoted. 

15 goals - he would be a bargain at £22m !! - that would be incredible !

I fear though he play to deep and may only end up with 6 or 7 goals + pens..

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

15 goals - he would be a bargain at £22m !! - that would be incredible !

I fear though he play to deep and may only end up with 6 or 7 goals + pens..

If he's playing deep it's in order to sacrifice himself so that others can score. 

I don't care who scores our goals, personally. As a high end example see Firmino, Bobby. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

On 06/08/2019 at 00:45, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Wolves are a great example of the idea of a 20 goal a season striker for any clubs aside from the top 4-6 is kinda irrelevant. The team needs to score enough goals, if we do that from all areas of the pitch rather than mainly one source, then that's fine.

Wolves only scored 47 goals last year and came 7th. If Grealish gets 6-8, mcginn 8-10, el ghazi 5-10, mings 2-5, hourihane 2-5, wesley 8-12, kodjia 6-10, Hassan 5-10, jota 5-10 and Guilbert, Luiz, nakamba, Engels and targett chip in with a few we should be fine.

I've looked at the last few years and if you score over 40 goals you are almost always safe. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

If Grealish gets 6-8, mcginn 8-10, el ghazi 5-10, mings 2-5, hourihane 2-5, wesley 8-12, kodjia 6-10, Hassan 5-10, jota 5-10 and Guilbert, Luiz, nakamba, Engels and targett chip in with a few we should be fine.

Oh brother.. these sorts of posts bring me back

Ayew and Veretout were nailed on to get 10 each. Amavi to chip in 5, and then 10 for Gestede and Sinclair, with Traore a bit of an unknown, but would get at least 5, and if he hits form could get over 15... If Gabby could get fit and his head right he could get 10 as well.

Last season Grealish got 6. El Ghazi got 6. Hourihane 7. Kodjia 9, Mings 2,  McGinn 7. And in a far more difficult league, they're about to surpass these tallies next season? I think we're in for a shock tomorrow night. We've been away too long. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

Ayew and Veretout were nailed on to get 10 each. Amavi to chip in 5, and then 10 for Gestede and Sinclair, with Traore a bit of an unknown, but would get at least 5, and if he hits form could get over 15... If Gabby could get fit and his head right he could get 10 as well.

Last season Grealish got 6. El Ghazi got 6. Hourihane 7. Kodjia 9, Mings 2,  McGinn 7. And in a far more difficult league, they're about to surpass these tallies next season? I think we're in for a shock tomorrow night. We've been away too long. 

Tim Sherwood being the manager throws a wrench into all of that. If we were as settled as we are now with even slightly more astute defensive signings than Richards and Lescott and with Dean Smith as coach that might well have all panned out.

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

I agree to a certain extent.

Its been a long time since Villa have been competitive in the top division.I think as fans we have forgotten what it takes but I am sure that Dean Smith and JT know more about it than Daniel Farke.

Norwich decided to take Liverpool on tonight and at times passed the ball very well creating good chances.

I think we also will play similarly at Spurs tomorrow but I believe without the naive forward runs which left Origi and Salah so much space tonight.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

No one should be shocked if we lose or even get thrashed tomorrow.Whatever happens it won't define our season.

If I'm honest I'd be a bit distressed if we got thrashed like Norwich did this evening. 

I'm not expecting a result away to Spurs in our first game back but I think even without the chemistry, we still have the quality to be competetive against them.

Edit - just to agree with your last sentence. 

Edited by troon_villan

I hope we can at least give them a good game, if we do that and only lose by a small margin then I think that that won't be the worst thing ever. Annoything is if we do lose people will be writing us off after one game to an even greater extent than they already are. Hopefully Wesley gets a goal or two, will be good to see him get off to a good start early on.

9 minutes ago, YLN said:

Well those goals add up to 37 and if 40 goals is the magic number our new players only have to chip in another 3 between them. I’m sure £130m should buy you 3 goals, even Tom Heaton might chip in with a couple of late equalisers from corners. Seriously though, even in a more difficult division we set up to score goals and I believe we will be able to score enough to have a decent season. People speculate about all sorts of things, one of those will inevitably be goals scored. 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I hope we can at least give them a good game, if we do that and only lose by a small margin then I think that that won't be the worst thing ever. Annoything is if we do lose people will be writing us off after one game to an even greater extent than they already are. Hopefully Wesley gets a goal or two, will be good to see him get off to a good start early on.

Absolutely and if I'm honest we probably will lose and by a small margin at that. Of course people will write us off but man we're Villa and that comes with the job I think. 

Not expecting much from Wesley tomorrow apart from effort and desire.  

35 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

If I'm honest I'd be a bit distressed if we got thrashed like Norwich did this evening. 

I'm not expecting a result away to Spurs in our first game back but I think even without the chemistry, we still have the quality to be competetive against them.

Edit - just to agree with your last sentence. 

I thought Norwich were naive today, but losing away at Liverpool is no major concern and won’t define their season.

What did concern me though and should concern Norwich fans, is that they got spanked and Liverpool didn’t really look at their best. Norwich conceded a lot of goals last season and based on today’s showing they are going to need to score a lot of goals this season to even come close to staying up. I know they are missing one or two in the back line but they didn’t look defensively sound. Created a few decent enough chances mind you but can’t help but think teams will tear through them. They didn’t look good enough without the ball

9 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I thought Norwich were naive today, but losing away at Liverpool is no major concern and won’t define their season.

What did concern me though and should concern Norwich fans, is that they got spanked and Liverpool didn’t really look at their best. Norwich conceded a lot of goals last season and based on today’s showing they are going to need to score a lot of goals this season to even come close to staying up. I know they are missing one or two in the back line but they didn’t look defensively sound. Created a few decent enough chances mind you but can’t help but think teams will tear through them. They didn’t look good enough without the ball

Grant Hanley at CB is unbelievable, I had no idea he was even with them let alone the Captain. 

You're right though they were thrashed after half n hour and the Liverpool players thought it was still pre season. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Does he take pens? Wondering who our main peno taker will be. 

At the risk of going off topic, are any of the new lads pen kings? 

Also at the risk of going off topic... Zig and Zag !  👏👏👏 

🎵   Dem girls dem girls they all love Zig and Zag.

Edited by robby b
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, robby b said:

Also at the risk of going off topic... Zig and Zag !  👏👏👏 

🎵   Dem girls dem girls they all love them.

Haha don't ask why, I've been a member for years and for whatever reason I chose that pic and have never changed it! I'm sure there was a gag at the time but can't recall! 

Melinda Messenger back in the day though... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Haha don't ask why, I've been a member for years and for whatever reason I chose that pic and have never changed it! I'm sure there was a gag at the time but can't recall! 

Melinda Messenger back in the day though... 

Mel Messy back in the day was a lovely sight, wouldn't surprise me if she still looks great today.

Speaking of zig n zag though I were on the big breakfast when I were a kid. My mother had a friend and they went on for a wedding because her partner had leukaemia. I'll Never forget Keith Sherwin coming up to me at the age of thirteen and stupidly saying hands these silk tissues out to all the folks that are about to cry. My highlight of the day though was Gabby Roslin and Kelly Brook, let's just say I was in a dreamland with those two. The funiest guy without a doubt though was none other than Johny vaughn, he just has that ability to make your scream in laughter. But yeah Gaby and Kelly omg how Stunning they were and being a thirteen year old let's just say I felt like I were in love.

Back to football, I don't think Wes will be crushed by the weight of expectation, it may take him a while to get going and I do think the Coach's will bring him up to speed nicely and improve his game even more. If anything we need him to score more than the rest just so we can really just say well he's our first Brazillian, we made the right call here for the 20+mill.

So yeah I got hope for you Big Wes to unleash your inner Hooligan and Terrorise those defences untill you bang a couple in, state your intent at spurs and show us all and the prem your some mean business.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Wolves only scored 47 goals last year and came 7th. If Grealish gets 6-8, mcginn 8-10, el ghazi 5-10, mings 2-5, hourihane 2-5, wesley 8-12, kodjia 6-10, Hassan 5-10, jota 5-10 and Guilbert, Luiz, nakamba, Engels and targett chip in with a few we should be fine.

I've looked at the last few years and if you score over 40 goals you are almost always safe. 

Fantasy football this, not going to happen.

Â