Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

The Viilaviewfaithful has posted a couple of pictures from the friendly against Kuwait up. Looks like a lot of the team who came on yesterday were playing. O’Hare (scored), Keinan, Hepburn, Hogan, Hause...

No sign of the big man Wes so you’d think he is ok

yeah sure during the walsall match they said anyone who didnt start (ie: the subs), would play the Kuwait game.

• Like 1

Hearing now that Wesley has been turned in to a frog by an evil wizard, hope they are false, but it’s ok as Tshibola knows a trick he learnt at Reading to make him a human again. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

This was effectively a closed doors match, like a training session. Dean likes to have combative training sessions: we played some closed doors games last season. Wes may well have played and gone off with a knock. Such things happen in training all the time. Limping off (rather than being stretchered off?) does not equate to a broken leg ffs.

I know this ship has already sailed and circumnavigated the globe many times by now but I’m going to say it: can we please have a sense of f-ing perspective when hearing one source from Twitter? Please?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hearing rumours he is worried that Hogan will get picked ahead of him

Any mention of Smith going senile?

Those who played last 20 mins at Walsall started apart from keeper and Tish in for BB. 

The plan was for all players to get 90 mins across the 2 games so the team that started the Walsall game would have definitely taken part in Kuwait ‘friendly ‘

Off topic but seeing as this friendly seems to have dominated the Wesley thread for the time being. 

I'd be really interested to hear the sports scientists reasoning for playing a 90 minute game (effectively) to be split over 24hrs. Seems very strange especially when we have another game 2 days later. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Off topic but seeing as this friendly seems to have dominated the Wesley thread for the time being. 

I'd be really interested to hear the sports scientists reasoning for playing a 90 minute game (effectively) to be split over 24hrs. Seems very strange especially when we have another game 2 days later. 

I think it's just as they start ramping up fitness so they can give 2 full teams most of a game instead of just the starters.

Â