Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I think Wesley has shown alot of quality in the two halves he has played. This lad is quality. I hope he settles in Birmingham and enjoys his football. 

He will fit perfectly in the system we play too. Bringing the wide players , the midfielders, and full backs into play.

His main strength for me though isn’t his strength or pace. It is his awareness and decision making. He has the abillity to make good decisions in the final third  of the pitch. I would think  players like Grealish and Jota are going to love playing with him. 

• Like 2

His first touch and one-touch stuff impressed me.  The ball didn't bounce off him like it used to on Carew.  

Let's hope he has a good eye for goal like Carew did too. 

Could be a big, big player for us this year. 

https://talksport.com/football/576366/wesley-moraes-aston-villa-transfer-premier-league-hit/

The Brazilian displays excellent movement and timing in the box. He is especially adept at playing on the blind side of the nearest defender before making late movements that take him into space when the ball is being played into the penalty area.

To fully understand the potential impact Wesley may have this season for Aston Villa we first have to consider the kind of systems that he was used to playing in whilst in Belgium.

cont...

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

The more I see of Moraes, the more i think Maupay.

I want both with us.

Big Wes all over the pitch wearing them down and on comes Maupay in second half with his speed, agility and sharpness to finish them off, could be a dangerous pairing however you play the two of them.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

When we look beyond that, however, we start to see differences between the two. Abraham, despite being younger, has a higher ceiling and is better with the ball at feet. Wesley, on the other hand, is a more instinctive finisher in and around the penalty area at this stage of his career.

Funnily enough I think the exact opposite. 

Abraham is the more instinctive finisher with most/all his goals coming inside the 6 yard box. However his first touch was poor a lot of the time. 

Wesleys finishing (from what I've seen) inside the box looks hit a miss but he is more likely to score from outside the box and his first touch and awareness in general play looks better. 

That article is absolutely rubbish. 

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

Funnily enough I think the exact opposite. 

Abraham is the more instinctive finisher with most/all his goals coming inside the 6 yard box. However his first touch was poor a lot of the time. 

Wesleys finishing (from what I've seen) inside the box looks hit a miss but he is more likely to score from outside the box and his first touch and awareness in general play looks better. 

That article is absolutely rubbish. 

Agreed on that score.

I quoted a poor bit, which was literally just the start of it in this case. The rest is worth a read. 

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

https://talksport.com/football/576366/wesley-moraes-aston-villa-transfer-premier-league-hit/

When we look beyond that, however, we start to see differences between the two. Abraham, despite being younger, has a higher ceiling and is better with the ball at feet. Wesley, on the other hand, is a more instinctive finisher in and around the penalty area at this stage of his career.

From the 90 minutes we've seen of him, it's the other way around. It's like they haven't seen either player play before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

From the 90 minutes we've seen of him, it's the other way around. It's like they haven't seen either player play before.

If you check out the article, the author has definitely watched clips of Wesley at a minimum. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If you check out the article, the author has definitely watched clips of Wesley at a minimum. 

Yeah it's actually a good article. Unlucky quoting on your part :lol: 

Not sure I agree with the consensus in the media that we'll be a team that struggles for possession based purely on the fact that we're newly promoted though. I personally think we'll hover around the 55% mark this season.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2019 at 14:38, AVTuco said:

A tad worrying, since team spirit has been our strength. We really don't want to destroy that. Let's hope you're right and he'll be ok.

I think he will. Team spirit in Bruges was and is always very strong, especially the last 4-5 years. If he's surrounded by a good team (off the pitch) he will fit in very good.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

His first touch and one-touch stuff impressed me.  The ball didn't bounce off him like it used to on Carew.  

Let's hope he has a good eye for goal like Carew did too. 

Could be a big, big player for us this year. 

Keeping the ball was something he was very good at in Belgium. But there he played against Eupen, Moeskroen, Cercle Brugge and Eupen off course. Let's hope he can do it against the big PL teams too.

Â