Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Can someone ask the Leipzig defenders to give his shirt back please? 

The bit where he nonchalantly held off 3 , yes 3 , of them with ease was good. He won’t have many harder games than today in the premier league. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Can someone ask the Leipzig defenders to give his shirt back please? 

The bit where he nonchalantly held off 3 , yes 3 , of them with ease was good. He won’t have many harder games than today in the premier league. 

I think this is true, they were very good

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

So who scores the goals if he doesn't?

Today? McGinn and Hourihane. Tomorrow? Grealish, El Ghazi, Jota, Trezeguet, Kodjia. Take your pick. 

We have plenty of threat from midfield. If Wesley gets 10-12 league goals but is a great foil for the rest of the attack he’s done his job. 

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

So who scores the goals if he doesn't?

Everyone.. Smith is assembling a team that has goals all over it. I think he is good for at least a 10-15 goal season. If the midfield all chip in with maybe a number 2 striker hitting 10 also we will have goals I'm sure. If there is one thing we can say about us these days is we score goals from everywhere via everyone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Today? McGinn and Hourihane. Tomorrow? Grealish, El Ghazi, Jota, Trezeguet, Kodjia. Take your pick. 

We have plenty of threat from midfield. If Wesley gets 10-12 league goals but is a great foil for the rest of the attack he’s done his job. 

10-12 goals would be a good return - I wouldn't be unhappy with that at this level. - For all his bustling though - he didn't really get into many goal scoring positions today - I thought he played to deep. Understandably he doesn't yet seem in tune with the wide players - lots of time yet though.

• Like 1

If it's true that we're spending big on another striker, then he might not even be first choice anyway, will give him more time to settle in. I think his goals to game ratio is actually pretty good, and he gets a lot of assists too, so lots of promise.

1 minute ago, useless said:

If it's true that we're spending big on another striker, then he might not even be first choice anyway, will give him more time to settle in. I think his goals to game ratio is actually pretty good, and he gets a lot of assists too, so lots of promise.

I think that would be a very good move - at the moment there is expectation on him to get the goals TA got - be good if we had another striking option

33 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Everyone.. Smith is assembling a team that has goals all over it. I think he is good for at least a 10-15 goal season. If the midfield all chip in with maybe a number 2 striker hitting 10 also we will have goals I'm sure. If there is one thing we can say about us these days is we score goals from everywhere via everyone.

But the fat man down the pub said we need a 20 goal a season striker?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

But the fat man down the pub said we need a 20 goal a season striker?

if he gets near 5-10 pens this year, which is possible the way we play. Well he might be worth that 20. Who knows yet, I'm just very positive about the lad. He has a bit of everything and doesn't take no shit. I think he will be a nightmare against defences this season. I think he will get near 10 assists also.  

Â