Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I thought his all round game was class. His first touch, his strength, weight of pass, composure, finishing. He gave us a real glimpse tonight of just how much of a bargain he could become at 22m. I think he has all the attributes and potential to elevate his career to full international CF. Crazy thing is I don't even think he has got out of 2nd gear yet. Belgium's young player of the year is looking great business for us as I think he is going to become a star. And he is going to love playing at VP!!!

Also what was noticeable was the rapport he has with the lads. He does seem very at home already which is very pleasing. In fact top marks to the club for bringing in what look to be not only decent players but very likeable characters. It looks like they are all getting on well and settling quickly. Really looks like we are riding the spirit of last year still into this new season which can only be a good thing.

Every single one of them ran over to congratulate him when he scored. You love to see it. 

looked excellent, scored 2, worked hard, played deeper when needed to get involved, chased balls and got an assist from running down a ball and crossing it in for grealish (if it was him, saw him chase the ball down to the corner flag but then the camera didnt reach to the corner so couldnt see the play - so assume it was wesley who crossed it in?), great performance versus walsall.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Every single one of them ran over to congratulate him when he scored. You love to see it. 

Yeah, I noticed. In fact I loved that as much as any of his play. His fondness of Grealish was also evident which really pleased me too. It's good he feels one of the lads early doors imo as he can just concentrate on his game with no silly mental distractions. I agree, I also love the feistiness in him. Great CF's have it, everyone of them. 

Looks class. Looking forward to seeing what he can do against top opposition.

Just a note on his penalty - watching him slowly shuffle up to the ball, I was convinced he was about to scuff it straight to the keeper, then... BANG - top corner and un-saveable. Good stuff! Wouldn’t it be great to have a penalty taker that can find the corners with pace and accuracy 90%+ of the time?!

• Like 1

At the moment I see Wesley as a cat-4 hurricane in these friendlys, i suspect he will go full cat-5 once season opens and make the pitches a disaster zone.

Serious though when he was going to take that penalty I was expecting from the way he was slowly jogging at the ball that it was going to be gently slotted in, I never expected a heat speaking missile in top corner with that power and precision like that. He most certainly had the keeper fooled on that penalty i think.

He's ace to watch. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, brommy said:

Looks class. Looking forward to seeing what he can do against top opposition.

Just a note on his penalty - watching him slowly shuffle up to the ball, I was convinced he was about to scuff it straight to the keeper, then... BANG - top corner and un-saveable. Good stuff! Wouldn’t it be great to have a penalty taker that can find the corners with pace and accuracy 90%+ of the time?!

yeah Wes looks the part on pens.

He has a much better ball striking technique than Tammy, but his heading prowess still needs improvement - Which is fine, as he’s 22 and got time on his side to improve.

really, really impressed with him so far though, looks a great asset to the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

The fans have to play a part here as I get the feeling if he gets the love he will do wonders. Could be an unreal player

Yep, and with the effort he puts in that won't be a problem. Away fans especially will love him. Nothing worse than watching your team lose and seemingly not care. We are going to lose games this season. I'd be fearful for anyone sharing the pitch with Wes not running as hard as he is, he'll be all over them.

Tammy never let his missed chances or a bad call stop him working hard, and demanding the team keeps going, you can see Wes is the same.

The speed in which he comes deep, lays the ball off and then gallops into the box ready for a cross is phenomenal. It doesn't look like he's sprinting but each stride covers so much ground. 

Skip to 36:00 for a perfect example. As a result, he won a penalty and got himself another goal. Absolute class. Scary to think he's only 22.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I also noticed when the penalty was given Hourihane rushed over as if he's supposed to be the designated taker, but by the time he got there Wesley already had the ball, seemed Hourihane thought it more important to get Wesley's confidence up than cause a scene and grab an easy pre-season goal himself.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
spelling

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Anybody who was at the game care to fill the rest of us in on what he did in the corner to get the cross in for Jack's goal? 

It appears he disappeared in to another dimension, not visible to this world. Once the Walsall defence was fooled, he played the ball back in to our visible reality and then popped back himself, just to celebrate.

• Haha 2

In the guilbert thread someone posted our 6-1 victory over Sunderland and it reminded me just how good benteke was. If wesley is 90% of benteke then we are staying up and should be pushing for the top 6 spots considering Chelsea and United shouldn't be in them this year.

The Wesley thing started off as a joke I think, but as now spread as if it really happened. As far as I know it was our U23s that played Kuwait. Not one hundred percent sure though, but it seems very doubtful that he would have been involved after playing last night.

Edited by useless

Â