Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I also noticed when the penalty was given Hourihane rushed over as if he's supposed to be the designated taker, but by the time he got there Wesley already had the ball, seemed Hourihane thought it more important to get Wesley's confidence up than cause a scene and grab an easy pre-season goal himself.

As soon as it was given Wesley grabbed the ball and pointed himself as if to say mine. Jack straight away said yes 

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If Wesley was playing, it would have been at least tweeted out by the official account with a line up. Fact theres been no mention of even the game itself means its irrelevant

Not so sure that statement is true. A lot of our players would have been playing, including new signings. It was a "behind closed doors" friendly against Kuwait National team.  Not saying he's definitely got injured, just disputing the statement that they would have tweeted about it if he was playing. 

Had a few afternoon bevs..song idea for Wesley...to the tune of Good Thing by the FYC

Wesley-You Found a Home

Wesley- Can't do no wrong

Wesley's-Gonna score a goal

A.V.F.C..It's your new Home

I'll get me coat...

1 minute ago, Ponky said:

Why would they play him in 2 friendlies in less than 24 hrs? 

Fitness. He may have only got 15/20 minutes as they build up to conditioning to 90 minutes again. 

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'd be amazed if they were involved in a game less than 24 hours after Walsall and with Charlton a couple of days away.

Surely today will be a rest day, especially for those who played 70 minutes. At the very most there will be a set programme of exercises so it’s very doubtful Wes would be asked to perform the uncontrolled moves required for a game, even a friendly.

38 minutes ago, omariqy said:

This is post match. Don't look too concerned about a bad injury 

Deano has his back to us but is definitely biting his nails. It must mean that several players have been wiped out. He walked off to sign another half dozen. Or so.

Kuwait's national football team beat Aston Villa 2-1 in their last friendly at Camp London as part of preparations for the West Asian and Asian qualifying competitions.
Blue goals scored by Hussein Al Moussawi and Faisal Zayed #KuwaitFA

but i didn't find any about villa scorer against them.. 

google and find it and translate it by my best friends google translate 😉 

حديث ودي يجمع عضو مجلس ادارة الاتحاد الكويتي لكرة القدم ورئيس وفد منتخب الكويت الوطني في لندن د. أحمد عجب ومدير المنتخب فهد عوض مع مساعد مدرب فريق استون فيلا الانكليزي النجم السابق جون تيري، وذلك بعد نهاية المباراة الودية التي جمعت الازرق والفريق الانكليزي اليوم.

loosley translated- there was a friendly discussion between former football star john terry who is a coach of aston villa and Ahmed Ajab and team manager Fahad Awad in London. This conversation took place after the game between the Blues and the English team. 

No mention of the game itself or anything else. 

The Viilaviewfaithful has posted a couple of pictures from the friendly against Kuwait up. Looks like a lot of the team who came on yesterday were playing. O’Hare (scored), Keinan, Hepburn, Hogan, Hause...

No sign of the big man Wes so you’d think he is ok

Edited by mikeyp102

Â