Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Not just a physical presence but a clever player. Knows how to bring players into the game and has good vision. 

Wow, A beast with a brain!!!

ok I’ll stop now. But on a serious note he really is an intelligent player. Knows what’s around him all the time. I really like him. 

• Haha 1

He’s a total baller. He so reminds me of big Stan. I know Collymore didn’t really work out for us due to his poor mental health but there’s no doubting the ability he had. Really feel that Wes has a similar level of ability and also a similar game. Very exciting indeed.

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Today? McGinn and Hourihane. Tomorrow? Grealish, El Ghazi, Jota, Trezeguet, Kodjia. Take your pick. 

We have plenty of threat from midfield. If Wesley gets 10-12 league goals but is a great foil for the rest of the attack he’s done his job. 

Yup.

• Thanks 1

Just like Jimenez for Wolves isn't there to score 20 goals, but to bring the others into it. Though he does get his fair share as well. 10-12 goals would be a great return for Wes as long as he keeps playing like this.

He's an interesting player.
He seems like he plays a false 9 role, dropping deep and picking out passes for the runners. Yet, he's stocky like the classic number 9/target man. If Dean and the coaching team can get the best of both out of him, he could be amazing.

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

He's our Firmino

Now we need to find our Salah and our Mane.

The worry that he won't score enough goals will soon be pacified if we can get others close enough to him that they are doing the scoring on the teams behalf. 

Through pre season this has looked to be the aim. We have goals everywhere. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

On 04/08/2019 at 14:56, Keyblade said:

Just like Jimenez for Wolves isn't there to score 20 goals, but to bring the others into it. Though he does get his fair share as well. 10-12 goals would be a great return for Wes as long as he keeps playing like this.

Wolves are a great example of the idea of a 20 goal a season striker for any clubs aside from the top 4-6 is kinda irrelevant. The team needs to score enough goals, if we do that from all areas of the pitch rather than mainly one source, then that's fine.

• Like 1

Wesley is hopefully going to provide a goal threat and link-up play. If he’s injured, we’re down to Kodjia (carries a goal threat) or Keenan (provides some link up play). If big Wes isn’t playing, either Kodjia or Keenan will need to significantly step up their game. In any scenario, playing the way Deano intends, relies very heavily on free scoring midfielders. Fingers crossed Wesley performs!

• Like 1

Â