Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Memphis Depay has come back from an ACL injury lately and he looked quick at times last night so that gives me confidence that Wesley can come back strong.

The fact that they got injured roughly about the same time and one of them has been playing football for a couple weeks while the other one is by all accounts not back to training yet.

Wesley is a lot bigger and heavier, and he already had issues with his legs being different lengths would make his recovery more difficult I imagine.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, sne said:

The fact that they got injured roughly about the same time and one of them has been playing football for a couple weeks while the other one is by all accounts not back to training yet.

Wesley is a lot bigger and heavier, and he already had issues with his legs being different lengths would make his recovery more difficult I imagine.

Things are never as straight forward as that, one ACL isnt the same as another I would imagine.

But on the plus side, medical science is always improving and I'm sure football clubs have the best facilities for recovery.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

Things are never as straight forward as that, one ACL isnt the same as another I would imagine.

But on the plus side, medical science is always improving and I'm sure football clubs have the best facilities for recovery.

Yeah that's what I mean. Just because Depay is back doesn't mean Wesley will be back anytime soon. And I don't think he will be.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Wesley did his pcl in. By all accounts it seems you are more likely to make a full recovery but again a bigger and heavier player with existing leg issues will take longer to recover and would have to be more cautious when starting the recovery process. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Wesley did his pcl in. By all accounts it seems you are more likely to make a full recovery but again a bigger and heavier player with existing leg issues will take longer to recover and would have to be more cautious when starting the recovery process. 

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's still in Brazil isn't he? Won't be seeing him play for us for many more months.

According to Physio Room he will be back fit end of the month; match-fitness though is another question altogether.

A number of websites have both stated Wesley and Heaton are back end of August for awhile now, however we haven't heard much from the club themselves. Have we?

I think both Wesley and Heaton were due to return around the same time.

To see Heaton diving around on the training pictures today is great, hopefully Wesley is diving around too*

*joke, love him really!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

According to Physio Room he will be back fit end of the month; match-fitness though is another question altogether.

A number of websites have both stated Wesley and Heaton are back end of August for awhile now, however we haven't heard much from the club themselves. Have we?

People always say this like it’s normal for the club to update everyone on long-term injuries. I don’t think that’s the case outside of pre match press conferences... I don’t remember the club ever doing it.

Pretty sure we will see them both on the field in September.

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Nothing on the official website in their gallery. 

The club made a point of showing Heaton back in training (thank the lord!) but there was no sign of Wesley :( 

Did he go back to Brazil like Douglas Luiz during the off season? Clutching at straws but he might be in quarantine as that's what DL is doing.

I think he was in Brazil, so hopefully just quarantine

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't shoot the messenger - and I am by no means ITK - and take this with a massive pinch of salt.

But theres a rumour going around that Wesley's Injury is career threatening.

Which might explain why we are after 2 strikers. Watkins\Wilson 

Edited by hippo
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't shoot the messenger - and I am by no means ITK - and take this with a massive pinch of salt.

But theres a rumour going around that Wesley's Injury is career threatening.

Which might explain why we are after 2 strikers. Watkins\Wilson 

we need two new strikers regardless of whether Wes recovers which he will

19 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Those nasty ‘scissor’ challenges need totally clamping down on.

I agree. He knew what he was doing. Intention to injure was there. It's a calculated challenge that had a high percentage to injure.

• Like 2

Â