Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

30 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I completely disagree with this, in fact I'd say a CAM is exactly what he is. Just on a very low level. 

He's fairly capable of attributes like passing, vision, off ball. But he completely lacks fundamental striker qualities like directness, pace, acceleration, urgency, heading, shooting. 

He looks far more comfortable orchestrating a goal than scoring it. 

I do find your posts humourous sometimes, they reek of someone who has played 20 seasons at the top level and knows everything. We should be honoured to have such expert punditry within the VT walls.

Wesley is a lot better than you give him credit for!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I completely disagree with this, in fact I'd say a CAM is exactly what he is. Just on a very low level. 

He's fairly capable of attributes like passing, vision, off ball. But he completely lacks fundamental striker qualities like directness, pace, acceleration, urgency, heading, shooting. 

He looks far more comfortable orchestrating a goal than scoring it. 

How far into your save on FM 2020 are you?

16 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I do find your posts humourous sometimes, they reek of someone who has played 20 seasons at the top level and knows everything. We should be honoured to have such expert punditry within the VT walls.

Wesley is a lot better than you give him credit for!

Not sure what's so bothersome about that post. Feel free to add your own view of his strengths, if any. 

10 hours ago, AVTuco said:

As a hedge fund manager Wes is fully aware of the need to cut your losses rigorously. It's not about Wes really, it's about needing better than Wes.

But selling him for a loss gives us less money to work with because it becomes a 10 million pound loss rather than a 22 million pound asset.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Then we really f***ed up last summer.

Dean Smith plays 4-3-3 with a traditional number 9.

You can play with a false 9 or even a pseudo false 9 if your wingers and midfielders are a threat ala barca or liverpool. Players who you would back to finish a chance even if they haven't had a goal in 3.

Giroud is another example of this and is more likely a similar comparison to Wesley. You just need fast dangerous wingers. 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Anything to avoid that acknowledgement he's absolute shite 😅

Next up is to have him as a DM due to his size. 

We know your opinion and if you aren't adding anything to the conversation then don't say anything at all.

I only asked the question of Wesley playing as a CAM because a lot of people, myself included, have suggested trying a 4-2-3-1. I’m not necessarily advocating him playing in that position myself. Just with him playing a bit deeper in Belgium to some success, and him seemingly lacking all the qualities of a lone striker, what would people think of him as a CAM. Fair to say the results were mixed 😅

21 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It's a handful of people tearing into him over and over again tbh. Think most Villa fans are fair on him.

Ironically, most fans I'm seeing on social media, where people tend to be outlandish, are surprisingly tempered and optimistic. It's really on on here that you're seeing this.

• Like 2

Talk of selling him for a loss is nonsense.

The guy is 23 and by all accounts relatively new to professional football.

In his first season he scored 5 PL goals before a horror injury sidelined him for the second half of the season. (Our 3rd top goalscorer and 4 more than our other strikers combined)

He showed enough to at least let the lad recover and play another year to see if he will for-fill his potential (albeit, maybe as a backup striker/sub) before we right him off.

His goals were actually well taken, but one of my memories whilst he was playing was that he couldn't shoot from mid to long range, every time I saw him shoot it was a tame shot, like he has no power in his legs. There's a player in there, I don't think we appreciated him whilst he played but since he was out the team we definitely missed him. 

There were a few games too when he came off as a sub, the team seemed to do worse when he was off the pitch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not sure what's so bothersome about that post. Feel free to add your own view of his strengths, if any. 

Ive added my views before, and I don't feel the need to repeat myself continually. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You can play with a false 9 or even a pseudo false 9 if your wingers and midfielders are a threat ala barca or liverpool. Players who you would back to finish a chance even if they haven't had a goal in 3.

Giroud is another example of this and is more likely a similar comparison to Wesley. You just need fast dangerous wingers. 

Giroud isn't dilly dallying in midfield. He is always in the box.

Keep Wesley for this season at least, let him play and let him earn him earn his way into first eleven. Does us no good to sell him at half price, not sure if I'd sell him at money back, there is always the chance Wesley could be what were exactly needing in front of goal.

Wesley just needs training, training that he can be given at Villa and as others have said had a decent first season considering it was his first. Many go on about how he is put to ground to easily, but you go back to his final few games and he started to push back, send man u players flying into the advertising boards. Wesley has a good pass on him which I think helped us early in the season, partly why we went abit bad because of his injury and others to,it changed us not having those players available.

I fear if we get rid of Wesley we will truly regret it, it's better to find out than never to of found out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â