Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Early last season we had no problem scoring goals. Ok Wesley wasn’t prolific but the team as a whole were scoring. If we improve the players around him, possibly adding Watkins and Benrahma for example we would have genuine goals in attacking positions.

After lockdown with a more defensive approach we were still creating chances, 14 I believe against Sheffield Utd and there are plenty of examples of very good chances not being put away. We just need to add quality so that we can have a balanced approach to matches which gives us a proper defensive set up but not at the expense of dangerous attacking play. We can’t go gung-ho in the PL because any half decent team will punish us as we learnt the hard way. However we can still play an attractive but effective style that wins football matches. We’ve learnt a lot about being hard to beat, if we can add a cutting edge we can really move forwards and perhaps put the fun of winning games regularly back into our lives. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Are there any pics coming out from BMH and training sessions? I'm curious how far his come in his rehabilitation. 

The last pictures I saw were him running in Brazil I think about a month ago and he didn’t look good at all

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

That's a critique I have not heard before. 

It's correct I think. Read an article when he joined about one leg being quite shorter than the other. Think he played in a Bulgarian team or something at that point. 

• Like 1

On 07/08/2020 at 15:55, KenjiOgiwara said:

Interesting. 

Two things. Wouldn't wages be discounted? 

Secondly. The bit in bold. Sure about that? 

Not quite sure if this was completely answered, or that we can give an exact valuation that the club has. Today, right now, on Transfermarkt he's valued at $26.40m. Which i think can give a good estimation for what the club might value him at. 

Just now, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Transfermarkt also state that Wesley was valued at £18m after his final season with FC Brugge. Luckily we beat them down to £22.5m. Ruthless. 

Think we had to make him our record signing to get him a work permit.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Transfermarkt also state that Wesley was valued at £18m after his final season with FC Brugge. Luckily we beat them down to £22.5m. Ruthless. 

And Transfermarkt is real life too...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Well it was £18m or nearest offer. Someone bid £13m and we nipped in with a sneaky £22.5m. 

• Sad 1

Â