Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You on the wind up Delphino?

The phrase that is the bane of many a strikers career up and down the country.  A wreckless dangerous tackle is a foul, irrespective of whether the tackler got the ball. "I got the ball ref".... oh f$#% off

I'm old school. 

Nah, it was a shocking tackle. I actually thought it was a good tackle in real time, mind. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm old school. 

Nah, it was a shocking tackle. I actually thought it was a good tackle in real time, mind. 

I didn't think it was a good tackle in real time, but did think it looked fairly innocuous. Clumsy,  late,  but didn't think it was going to cause an injury, let alone one that kept a player out for a season. 

Replays showed it was a very dangerous tackling style, and if he and Dyche both saw nothing majorly wrong with it then that says all you need to know about their lack of concern for the welfare of any other teams players.  Hate them both.

Don't get me wrong, love a Guilbert style slide tackle, but you shouldn't be doing them at any angle beyond perpendicular to the forward, and you shouldn't be wrapping your legs around a player in doing so. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Ben mee **** jumps on Wesley's leg whilst catching it between his 2. Absolute disgrace. Ben Mee has put players out with serious injuries 3 times he should be out of football right now. 

Agree, clearly not capable of playing the game without crippling people.  Even if not intentional,  someone that clumsy shouldn't be allowed near the pitch. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

You on the wind up Delphino?

The phrase that is the bane of many a strikers career up and down the country.  A wreckless dangerous tackle is a foul, irrespective of whether the tackler got the ball. "I got the ball ref".... oh f$#% off

Yeah it was a dodgy tackle but I thought Nakamba one on Aguero  in the cup final was pretty similar but most on here thought it was a great challenge.

I was expecting him to be sent off for it (think he got a yellow).

Anyway looks like Wes is on track for December return if he's back in light training soon. Really important people don't put much pressure on him when he finally gets back on the pitch. Hopefully we have sufficent striker depth to ease him back gradually.

Edited by VillaChris

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Ben mee **** jumps on Wesley's leg whilst catching it between his 2. Absolute disgrace. Ben Mee has put players out with serious injuries 3 times he should be out of football right now. 

We didn't even get a free kick for this, shocking refereeing all season 

• Like 1

Feels a little ghoulish all these pictures of poor Wesley at once, but as requested, here is a video.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/dhvcx" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

I hope I'm doing this right... (I appear not to be; I'll try again)

https://streamable.com/dhvcx

Edited by Shomin Geki

that tackle, or any tackle like it should be a straight red card, you should never be able to scissor tackle another player and follow through putting your entire body weight, travelling at speed in to their knees/legs, its a serious injury waiting to happen.

if it were on the floor at ankle height, you might be able to argue it (even then you put the ankles at risk), but doing it at thigh/knee level is simply disgusting and dangerous.

Mee is a tool.

Also, if nakamba did the same, he should have been sent off also.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah it was a dodgy tackle but I thought Nakamba one on Aguero  in the cup final was pretty similar but most on here thought it was a great challenge.

I was expecting him to be sent off for it (think he got a yellow).

Anyway looks like Wes is on track for December return if he's back in light training soon. Really important people don't put much pressure on him when he finally gets back on the pitch. Hopefully we have sufficent striker depth to ease him back gradually.

Yeah, that Nakamba tackle is exactly what I'm against. Going into a player at even a slight angle means there is a force in the opposite direction to which the player is travelling.  Doing it head on like Nakamba did is potentially horrific.  I was amazed Aguero didnt get injured, and it is purely luck that Aguero's studs weren't buried in the turf that means he didn't break his leg. 

If you're sliding you really can't control where you're going,  and to do so head on to a player with studs up just compounds the risk. Its a recipe for injury every single time.

If you time them well, and do them at an angle that doesn't add any extra force in the oppoaite direction to which the player is running you won't cause an injury 99% of the time. Even a slight angle can be fine if you're blocking rather than trying to take the ball. There's always the odd freak injuries but you can't expect a sport like football to be injury free.  You can limit the likelihood. 

I get this is a very subjective view (from a once speedy striker) and expect others won't agree. :)

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Good news. Playing a bit deeper with lots of pace around him in Watkins and hopefully another pacey winger will be the way to get the best out of him.

Might be laughable to some, but he can actually pick a pass.

More time from the havoc the others create will give him more time to do so.

So I agree.

Â