Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm starting to think it's the database they actually use.

Will explain why they always feel "bullied". lol

Bullied by these smaller poorer clubs. Poor fellows.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2020 at 17:40, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would just send Wesley to Lazio, even if on loan with a fee agreed to make it permanent at the end and be done with it.

Agree - it might sound premature but I think he more or less done here.

On 14/08/2020 at 18:22, hippo said:

Based on what exactly? 
Smith likes him, he was celebrating with the team on the last day of the season. None of that indicates to me he won’t be here 

I think that’s so far from the truth. No indication of that whatsoever.  He’ll be a key member of the squad next season when he returns from injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Based on what exactly? 
Smith likes him, he was celebrating with the team on the last day of the season. None of that indicates to me he won’t be here 

No He will be here - but at most as a fringe player.

I think Deano’s a big fan of his and, admittedly, I have a slight concern that he sees him as our main striker going forwards and may not necessarily be thinking of replacing him with a superior alternative & rather just a different option.

I could be, and hopefully am, completely wrong. Just a passing thought but we know absolutely nothing about our transfer activity & targets at this point...

Just seems to be mostly baseless speculation & rumours so far. Can’t wait to actually see some bids going in, only then will we get any realistic idea of what we’re actually trying to do...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think Deano’s a big fan of his and, admittedly, I have a slight concern that he sees him as our main striker going forwards and may not necessarily be thinking of replacing him with a superior alternative & rather just a different option.

I could be, and hopefully am, completely wrong. Just a passing thought but we know absolutely nothing about our transfer activity & targets at this point...

Just seems to be mostly baseless speculation & rumours so far. Can’t wait to actually see some bids going in, only then will we get any realistic idea of what we’re actually trying to do...

Can't see it. Deano is too pragmatic for that. 

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was he training yesterday?

Nothing on the official website in their gallery. 

The club made a point of showing Heaton back in training (thank the lord!) but there was no sign of Wesley :( 

Did he go back to Brazil like Douglas Luiz during the off season? Clutching at straws but he might be in quarantine as that's what DL is doing.

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off just yet. Look how Luiz improved after he settled in. Wes has a lot of good attributes and, with a bit of coaching (I. E telling him not to fall on the ground like he has been shot everytime there is contact) and service then he could be an asset. 

• Like 2

I have a feeling we'll only be seeing short cameos from him this year. Type of injury and lack of updates is the clue for me.

I don't much rate him but he gives us options so I hope he's back sooner than that of course.

• Like 1

Â