Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Was it really a PCL injury and not ACL? I thought I read at the time it was ACL, which has a standard recovery time of 9-12 months and is much more common as you mentioned. 

PCL tear is a very rare injury because it's a very thick ligament and is very difficult to snap it. Usually happens in car crashes and the like. Good thing is that recovery from it should be quicker than from an ACL injury and athletes generally don't have setbacks and complications from it, from what I know. 

Take it you've never seen a Ben Mee tackle.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

It is quite common in basketball likely due to heavy impacts and larger size. But yeah I think it was his pcl as as the rupture probably due to his large size and existing leg troubles it may have been easier to injure than normal. 

PCL injuries are definitely not common in basketball. ACL yes. ACL tears when landing badly and knee twisting. PCL is injured on heavy direct impact. 

" Target return date: Unknown. Wesley has since returned back to Brazil for rehabilitation and didn't participate in Villa's Welsh training camp. "

What's he said: "I didn't even want to know the severity (of the injury). I was having a good time, scoring goals, I didn't want to know at that time.

"The doctor explained to me that I broke my ligaments. I kept crying every day, worried, I would even play ball again. But my family supported me."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-injury-news-wesley-18896713

Doesn't sound great does it?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When did he say that ? Agree it doesn't sound good, but then when does an ACL injury sound good. given the lack of detail about that quote it doesn't mean a great deal, absolutely no clue as to what his current situation is, other than being in Brazil. 

That website gives me such a f#@king headache trying to read it.

Edit: found an earlier article from April where there are quotes from the physio about him starting to jog and a tentative return date of 29th June before full training (Shocking that they don't link the pieces or timelines of the news)

Given they were targeting that in April, you know a setback occurred.  Beyond that, its all guesswork.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Great news about his injury recovery.

Remember that Wesley played more of an unorthodox-10 at Brugge. He liked to drop deeper. There is plenty of space for both him and Watkins in the team, especially given Watkins versatility too.

Above all it gives us options, not only in who plays, but how we play and the ability to change things up in the middle of the game should we need to. We didn't have this last season.

• Like 1

I thought it was his PCL which when looking back at the deliberate malicious pre meditated assault by the donkey 🐴 Ben Mee looks consistent with a PCL rupture. The load of that pricks weight, speed,  angle and the fact Wesley's studs got caught too behind him which really messed up his knee most likely would result in a PCL.

Happened to my mate got flattened by a 16st monster who went right through him scissor style and landed on his outstretched leg and his leg bent behind him. 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I thought it was his PCL which when looking back at the deliberate malicious pre meditated assault by the donkey 🐴 Ben Mee looks consistent with a PCL rupture. The load of that pricks weight, speed,  angle and the fact Wesley's studs got caught too behind him which really messed up his knee most likely would result in a PCL.

Happened to my mate got flattened by a 16st monster who went right through him scissor style and landed on his outstretched leg and his leg bent behind him. 

Man and ball? 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Man and ball? 

It's the scissor style which messed his leg up. If he went in conventionally Wesley would have been a little bruised but he would have been ok as his leg would have been knocked in an upward motion. So Ben Mee's shin hits Wesley's leg upwards. No issues other than a bruise.

The scissor means that the leg is now trapped and the force is going to be going in a twisting downwards motion meaning that thrust is going to focus on only one spot which in this case was his knee.

Scissor tackles should carry a life time ban. Breaking your leg clean is better than what Wesley has had. His career might be over.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Man and ball? 

You on the wind up Delphino?

The phrase that is the bane of many a strikers career up and down the country.  A wreckless dangerous tackle is a foul, irrespective of whether the tackler got the ball. "I got the ball ref".... oh f$#% off

Â