Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

With Wesley not likely to be back until around Christmas, we can pretty much write him off this season. It will take him quite a while to get up to speed, which will take even longer if he is second choice behind Watkins. Possibly might play a part during the final 10 games but can't see him doing much before that. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Not nice to think about but genuinely curious. Does anyone know how insurance works in professional football?

We will have had some sort of cover for Wes, but does that just cover career ending? i.e. if he had to retire due to it, the insurance would pay his remaining contract.

Is there any possibility that insurance will have covered some of his wages whilst out and therefore be the reason we have funds to chase another forward?

I also am genuinely gutted. I hope he is mentally strong. It must be tough for him watching Luiz flourish, with them both having joined at the same time, Luiz getting another call-up for Brazil when they were both called up before his injury. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

With Wesley not likely to be back until around Christmas, we can pretty much write him off this season. It will take him quite a while to get up to speed, which will take even longer if he is second choice behind Watkins. Possibly might play a part during the final 10 games but can't see him doing much before that. 

Yeah I said the same previously. 

Wes will probably play no part this season. We need to sign another striker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I personally think he is finished at this club.

Keinan will keep improving and Watkins will make the position his.

I think we’ll do everything possible to get him fit/right, but agree that he’ll probably be moved on in January or next summer.  Shame, but never really showed the quality required for the Premier League.

8 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I still can't look at that picture without feeling sick. 

Here's hoping Wes makes a full recovery, and Ben Mee suffers a million bed bug bites on his testicles.

Reminds me of a Danish insult, translates into something along the lines of “May your bum itch and your arms be too short to scratch”.

That’s for you Ben Mee...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, useless said:

What did the pay per view article say about Wesley other than expected back next year? Quotes or sources to suggest its more than just pure speculation on their part?

Edited by MrBlack

From the Mail: Target return date: January 2021. Wesley returned from Brazil last week to continue rehabilitation back at Bodymoor Heath. 

What's Dean Smith said: "He is back now with us but is not back training in any shape or form. The swelling has gone down on his knee now but it was quite a bad injury he suffered.

"We believed it was going to be a 12-month injury and nothing has told us otherwise yet. He is getting full range into it and hopefully he will be back as soon as possible."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-team-news-sheffield-18896713

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I just don’t see Davis making it at this level. He is a reasonable Championship player and I think we are securing our asset in readiness to sell. But next summer we will be signing £50m+ players and there is no way he is suddenly going make up that deficit in ability to become a player we would offer playing time to.

Wesley may be finished though injury, but if he recovers I think there is a player in there that’s worth while.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I'm still furious every time I remember he didn't even get a card for this. Dyche's butchers get away with assaulting their opponents week in, week out. They're **** scumbags. Hope they go bust.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Keinan Davis is our 2nd choice striker when the window closes then we have massively failed.

Villa seem to be very private with news so maybe Wesley isnt as far away as we think, pretty sure I saw a video during lockdown of him walking?

Edited by Junxs

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

If Keinan Davis is our 2nd choice striker when the window closes then we have massively failed.

Villa seem to be very private with news so maybe Wesley isnt as far away as we think, pretty sure I saw a video during lockdown of him walking?

I imagine Traore is ahead of Davis already, still leaves us weak on the flank thou.

Â