Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

And people were on here banging the " Tammy is to sleight wont be physical enough for the Prem."  As most people know toughness is a state of mind as much as it is how strong/built you are.  I'm assuming this play acting that Wesley pulls must have worked in other leagues he has competed in but it just aint happening in the Prem. 

His second half performance was just abysmal.  We play a lot of American Football over here in the states.  Seeing someone get knocked out from a collision, sadly, is pretty commonplace.  The player goes limp upon impact.  That's actually the most dangerous part for the impacted player.  They go limp, the head makes a bee line for the ground and the arms do nothing to lessen the impact.  Other times their arms go into what's called the fencing position where the player is laying down on the ground but their arms are stuck straight out like he is looking for someone to give him a hand to get back up.  

Wesley somehow took that shot to the face, no doubt painful, was conscience to react, throw has hands towards his face but somehow once on the ground he's out in a very comfortable yet comical looking position.  It was embarrassing and we had to concede possession once play was restarted.    Honestly if Wesley had actually been knocked out cold and Aston Villa's doctor sent him back out there they should all be fired.  Wes is a bit soft, I really hope Dean has a talk with him after today.  That crap has to stop.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

And did his performance match Wes?

I remember at the time he was labelled a donkey and a flop early days

He more than likely won't be as good as Drogba who was 4 years older when he signed but think stupid to write him off

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He more than likely won't be as good as Drogba who was 4 years older when he signed but think stupid to write him off

He's playing terribly and making everyone else in the team work harder.

Needs time out of the team to learn how to compete for me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

And people were on here banging the " Tammy is to sleight wont be physical enough for the Prem."  As most people know toughness is a state of mind as much as it is how strong/built you are.  I'm assuming this play acting that Wesley pulls must have worked in other leagues he has competed in but it just aint happening in the Prem. 

His second half performance was just abysmal.  We play a lot of American Football over here in the states.  Seeing someone get knocked out from a collision, sadly, is pretty commonplace.  The player goes limp upon impact.  That's actually the most dangerous part for the impacted player.  They go limp, the head makes a bee line for the ground and the arms do nothing to lessen the impact.  Other times their arms go into what's called the fencing position where the player is laying down on the ground but their arms are stuck straight out like he is looking for someone to give him a hand to get back up.  

Wesley somehow took that shot to the face, no doubt painful, was conscience to react, throw has hands towards his face but somehow once on the ground he's out in a very comfortable yet comical looking position.  It was embarrassing and we had to concede possession once play was restarted.    Honestly if Wesley had actually been knocked out cold and Aston Villa's doctor sent him back out there they should all be fired.  Wes is a bit soft, I really hope Dean has a talk with him after today.  That crap has to stop.  

I can't remember having read that once. What I remember is people voicing their concern over Abraham cause is missed a LOT of chances. 

Either way, it's pretty obvious it was a huge mistake not to sign another striker this summer. Wesley has some good stuff in him, but he has a long bloody way to go. And his playacting antics leaves me even less impressed. First time ever I'm inclined to say the Maupay fappers were right. He'd be a decent option to have now. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Got to agree.

He does seem to be struggling with getting used to the Prem, but equally he has scored 2 goals which were both well taken.

There is no doubt he is actually very strong, i have seen clips of him bullying defenders in Belgium and against Leipzig pre season he bullied their defenders.

There is a player in there but he's either having trouble adjusting, needs to improve the mental side of his game, or both.

I'm leaning towards his issues being mental/attitude/in game application/stroppy.

Hopefully the coaching team can sort him out as he does have potential, but is a little erratic with it at the moment, only time will tell I suppose.

I would be tempted to either give Davis a go next week, or at the very least ensure Davis gets 30 mins as a sub to show Wesley he has competition and isn't untouchable.

Edited by MaVilla

Think Davis needs to be given a chance to show what he can offer now, I like Wes and I definitely think there's a player in there but for whatever reason it's not quite happening for him atm. If Davis can't get a game with Wes playing like this then he's never going to get a game.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Don't see why he'd need to play act getting hit in the face with a ball and pretend to be knocked out...near the center circle. Like even if you were someone who play acts a lot it wouldn't make sense.

99% of the time he falls over doesnt ‘make sense’

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I remember a big physical striker who arrived in England with a big price tag and was slaughtered for his theatrics and not scoring enough in his 1st season 

Wonder what ever happened to that Drogba guy

For every one player that played shit at first and turned out to be amazing, theres 15,000,000 that were shit, and remained shit.

He doesn’t try, he cries like a little girl, and he falls over at every opportunity.  He’s embarrassing.

If/when he cuts this crap out, bring him back into the team.

90% of the time we’re playing with 10 men, because he’s lying on the floor rolling around and the referee has no intention of giving a freekick. 

He doesn’t even try to win a header, and his entire game revolves around pretending to be fouled.

Get the **** up, and play the game.

• Like 2

I think some of these comments are unfair on Wesley, he’s young and new to the country. I see a lot of potential in him, he’s scored 2 in 6 matches, he’s scored at The Emirates. He will improve over time, as the great Arsene Wenger used to say, it takes any foreign import 6 months to fully adapt to a new country. In the long term, I’m certain that Wesley will be great for us. We paid a lot of money for him (£22m), Smith obviously scouted him and had his eye on him for a while, so he obviously sees something in him which I do too

• Like 1

Seemed to get better after the head injury, for mine. He has to find a way to muscle up and get himself involved as the physical attention he will get in this league won't be disappearing.

There is a player in there. We've seen it in bits. In time I'm confident he'll get better.....

.... it's just a matter of "how much time". We can't keep missing opportunities to win games.

It's weird because he's built like a brick shithouse. He's the same height as Benteke but he has at least 10 kilos of muscle on him according to their reported weights, yet Big Chris in his time with us would absolutely destroy defenders. I think Trezeguet handles defenders better than Wesley.

He's also the same height as Keinan Davis but has like 25 kg on him (no joke), but their hold up play is light-years apart. He needs to get back to that Everton performance when he bullied Keane and Mina. We know he has it in him. Pull you finger out Wes. Stop **** around.

• Like 1

He might adjust, he might not.

Should definitely be dropped next week, Kei knows the basics of hold up Wes either can't or refuses to do.

Norwich is another chance for a win. Got to win one of next two.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I remember a big physical striker who arrived in England with a big price tag and was slaughtered for his theatrics and not scoring enough in his 1st season 

Wonder what ever happened to that Drogba guy

Drogba was the hottest striker in Europe before Chelsea signed him, Wesley hasn’t got anywhere near the pedigree Drogba had. Chelsea could afford to carry him too, we on the other hand are in the bottom three.  

I think everybody knew that there would be a lot of pressure on Wesley this season, the club signed him so early in the transfer window that I think a lot of us were expecting another striker to come in too. At the moment we’ve got a 22 year old striker who is clearly struggling and a 21 year old we signed from The Southern League.  It’s really worrying. 

• Like 2

Â